TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Boost Problem Solved.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost Problem Solved.....

As some of you know I had what I thought was a Boost leak that was driving me crazy for the last couple of months. It all started with a hose that blew off just past the Turbocharger.

I took it to the dealer for this same problem 3 different times. The dealer did replace the hose and charged me an astronomical rate for doing so. ($636.00). After picking up the car the first time it still ran like crap and I kept hearing a shishing noise which I thought was a Boost leak.
I took it back to them 2 more times and all they told me that it was making too much boost and that I needed a new DV. Well, I knew for a fact that I didn't needed one of those since I have 3 different kind and all of them couldn't be bad.
Then they told me that my mods are the cause of all evil and to properly diagnose the car I would have to return it to stock.
After about 1000 bucks later in bogus charges like $254.00 bucks for a Temp sensor install and $154.00 to replace a 3 dollar clamp. I was totally fed up and was ready to give up.

My last resort was TT Guru Steve Schwing and he suggested to put it on a Vag com to see what the codes were. Well, I didn't have one of those but
I was very foturnate enough to meet some really cool guys here in Indy. Marty, Dan and Mike. They were most helpful and invited me to come over and hook the car up to their Vag com. I proceeded to Dan's house and was amazed to find 3 TT's in the driveway besides mine and a S4 thrown into the Mix. It was like arriving at a Audi Lovers Candystore :-)

Marty hooked up my car the Vag com and a whole bunch of codes came up that were never cleared by the dealer when they worked on the car.
The car was in Limp mode from the first time I took it to this dealer and they never even noticed this. And they call themselves "Audi Certified Mechanics"? Geez, what these "Certified" Idiots couldn't find in over 2 months these guys fixed in about 15 minutes and in that time they also threw in a few enhancements like being able to roll the windows up and down with the remote and the doors locking after the car hits 7mph. Very cool.
Heck they even fixed the vibration in my Driver side mirror which was driving me Cucku. I felt like a boy on Christmas morning. I just wished I would've met these guys a couple months earlier. It would've saved me a lot of frustration with this dealer not to mention a lot of money.

After clearing the codes the car ran fine.
I adjusted my Revo and Boost machine to nominal levels and the car is running better than it ever did.

A "BIG" THANK YOU goes out to Marty, Dan, Mike
and Dr. Steve for all their help and efforts.

Thanks guys. If it weren't for you I would still be limping down the road ;-)

Tom in INdy
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome. Now to firebomb that Stealer to make yourself feel better. )
Old 07-11-2005, 10:37 AM

Default local Audi friends are worth their weight in gold...

I would definitely try to recoup some of the money for the work the dealer did. It sounds like they really screwed you over.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Atta BOY! That's the spirit!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Rest In Peace

near impossible...but always worth a try!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Excellent...that is a great group you have access to....enjoy your car again! ;-)
Old 07-11-2005, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Great story...with a happy ending even...Nice job guys!
Old 07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That is so cool.....It's great having other folks with know-how close by...

Without Gil (MoBlueTT), Ed (TTakes2) and Chad (ZesTTeee), I'd probably still be back in the stone age of stock.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

pls pls pls alteast TRY to get the money back from the dealer. Good to know its fixed.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad we could help you out, Tom! Now you need to get more mods on order...

Quick Reply: Boost Problem Solved.....