TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Bose Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-1999, 01:18 PM
Richard

Default Bose Stereo

Maybe it was from reading most of the postings and having lowered expectations but the Bose stereo is not bad. Picked up my TT on Friday and the sound is a little muddled at lower volumes but fine when cranked up.<p>No I don't work for Bose.
Old 07-12-1999, 03:04 PM
Nam

Default Agreed: Sounds good cranked up

i absolutely agree with you. at lower volumes you don't get the velvety bass from the woofers in the back. but at higher volumes i watch my rearview mirror shake, gleefully!
Old 07-12-1999, 09:10 PM
Rik

Default You Are Correct Sir!

Most of the negative comments were Over the top. Sure you can get (spend) a better system But to portray the system as bad is ridiculous. Pricey Yes. <br>I do object to the Cassette player. Really stupid. Tapes? In a 2000 car? Stupid. What lunkhead made THAT executive decision? Minidisc or a single cd Head unit. <br>Rik
Old 07-13-1999, 10:21 AM
brian koester

Default Re: You Are Correct Sir!

I actually want the tape player. I tape a radio show every morning and listen to it through out the day. When I'm in my car, I have to listen on a walkman (illegal) because my in dash is a CD player. I look forward to getting on the right side of the law again.
Old 07-13-1999, 10:41 AM
Jim Torongo

Default I agree -more

I like music loud and have a tentency to play it loud altough I like the sound at lower levels as well. I know alot of owners are not happy with the Bose system but it's certainly not universal. However I do respect the opinons of those who are more discerning than me. JIM
Old 07-13-1999, 05:24 PM
PeterB

Default "Yes" on the cassette and "Yes" on the Bose system

Audio cassettes may be out for music, but they still are the standard for books on tape. My wife "reads" books daily on her one hour commute. The cassette is definitely important to her.<p>My last car had a single head CD unit. I have over 800 CD's and have bought 2 extra CD cassettes for the CD player. The CD player is important to me.<p>When I first picked up the car I had the treble and base set on +3. I thought the Bose was a weak system. I then tried the system with both set at -3. The system suddenly sounded great. Sure, there may be better systems out there. But for me, the Bose meets my full expectations.<p> <p>