TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Can anyone recommend a good fuel injector cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone recommend a good fuel injector cleaner?

I guess these things are usually fuel additives that you put in with a tank of gas. Anyone got any good brands or things to look for (or things to avoid)?

A while back I ran completely out of gas to where the car was stuck. Isn't this supposedly bas because there is residue on the bottom of the tank or does the fuel filter take care of that stuff?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the fuel filter takes care of that but if you're really worried you can use

any fuel system cleaner.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:00 PM

i use chevron techron, don't really think i need it but why not?
Old 03-17-2005, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I use the same stuff, hear it's the bestest
Old 03-18-2005, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I use Techron in my Jeep - makes a big difference - never tried it in the TT tho

My mechanic (never bother to work on the Jeep myself) recommended it for a rough running engine - cleared it right up.

-John-
Old 03-18-2005, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default How is this different from buying gas at Chevron? Or Shell, for that matter?

They all have detergent additives.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Chevron's answer

Q: I've seen the black bottle of Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner in Chevron service stations. What is the difference between Techron and Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner?
A: The principal difference between Techron and Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner is additive concentration and rate of deposit clean-up. At the concentration present in Chevron gasolines, Techron over many tankfuls will help clean up deposits on intake valves without contributing to combustion chamber deposits. So, over time, Chevron gasolines with Techron are able to reduce or eliminate deposit-related hesitation and stumbling during acceleration caused by deposits. A bottle of Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner, when added to gasoline according to the label instructions, results in an additive concentration roughly 10 times stronger than the dose in our gasolines. This mega-dose of Techron provides a much quicker clean up of intake valve deposits left by lower quality gasolines. In addition, the high concentration of Techron reduces combustion chamber deposits, which can help reduce or eliminate deposit-related engine knock and run-on.

Q: Do I need to use Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner if I buy only Chevron gasoline?
A: If customers are loyal buyers of exclusively Chevron gasolines, their cars very likely are delivering their best possible performance and operating with their lowest possible emissions. A bottle of Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner, therefore, is not likely to provide any benefits. However, if you sometimes purchase a lower quality gasoline, you should try Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner to quickly restore performance lost due to deposit accumulation. [Back to top]

Q: Is Techron just a more diluted version of Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner?
A: Not precisely. While both are polyether amines of very similar structure, each is optimized for its particular application. Techron cleans engines and keeps them clean through regular use of a lower additive dose, while Techron Concentrate Fuel System Cleaner provides a quicker clean-up through intermittent use of a higher additive dose.<ul><li><a href="http://www.techrononline.com/techron_faq%27s.htm">Techron FAQ</a></li></ul>
Old 03-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good fuel injector cleaner?

Do a search on BK44. I did some research a while ago and this was what had been recommended. Can't say it make a difference though.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:44 PM

Default BG44K, available at most porsche, mercedes, audi dealerships.

it's about $25 per can. when you go in for a "Fuel System Cleaning" they pour in a bottle and charge $125.