TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Car seats for very small baby

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-1999, 06:53 AM
Rob Burdett

Default Car seats for very small baby

I've just picked up my 225bhp TT and have just become a father. Daughter is only two weeks old and we need a rear facing car seat that fits in the rear seat pasenger side, but allows my wife to sit in the front without her face being squashed against the windscreen. HELP!!!!
Old 10-22-1999, 07:12 AM
DB(UK)

Default Re: Car seats for very small baby

We managed to get our GRACO travel system carry seat in during a test drive, however it only fits without the fast base. i.e. you need to run the seat belt through the seat fittings.

I hope this is of help. I haven't received my car yet, and when I do get it I will need to find a seat for a 1+ year old, forward facing. I don't suppose you know what this ISOFIX thing is and how it works??
Old 10-22-1999, 08:03 AM
Rob Burdett

Default Re: Car seats for very small baby

Many thanks for that. I assume you can buy the Graco car seat on its own without having to buy the rest of the stuff. If so, any idea as to cost and where I could have a look at one?

As for the ISOFIX seat, I understand that this is a bespoke Audi product that, according to my owners' manual, can be fitted at source or by your dealer. The car seat fixes on to the rear seat via some plugs that are inserted through holes that are made in the rear seats by Audi/your dealer. The ISOFIX seat, so I am told, is suitable for children between 9mths and 4 years.

Amazing the useless information you accumulate when you become a father....

Hope the above helps.