TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Care to help a lady with her leaky TT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Care to help a lady with her leaky TT?

I was listening to cartalk yesterday and one of the callers said her TT would have water spray into the cabin whenever she goes through a power wash. You can help her here:<ul><li><a href="http://action.publicbroadcasting.net/cartalk/posts/list/704010.page">cartalk forum</a></li></ul>
Old 01-13-2008, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well deserved...PLUS the paint damage
Old 01-13-2008, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I posted a link to a forum response about window adjustments>>>

just to get her started. This forum owns a great body of knowledge, I just wish more TT owners knew about it!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Default Funny, I just caught the rebroadcast of it on Sirius a few hours ago...

Incidentally, I had my door apart at the time trying to figure out why I had a rattle going on.

Anyway, good lookin' out, and thanks for the link.

(Interesting that there seem to be a lot of people with both Audis and Triumphs -- several in this forum have them: I have a Thruxton, someone just picked up a Daytona, there's a modded Speed Triple, and there's an old Bonnie as well... And that's just what I can think of off of the top of my head!)
Old 01-13-2008, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best answer on the CarTalk forum yet:

"Marie -- I have a personal explanation developed via my keen sense of observation of female TT drivers. See, only hot women drive TTs. I had a friend who had one, she was hot, but she had to trade it when she got old and divorced. You are still apparently hot. Anyways, Audi ALLOWS the extra sprayage because you are SO hot you need to be COOLED OFF. This is actually a predetermined mechanism crafted by the design engineers due to the VOLUMES of hot women *usually blondes with jobs in marketing* that make the TT a great looking ride. So, though your comrades in hotness who commented above are well meaning, they are naturally unable to devise the true nature of your concern as "hotness" is just another ordinary facet of their everyday lives. As I am a wannabee hotguy who drives a red 94 Miata, I am capable of making this observation in a pseudo-valid manner. Peace and... stay hot. "
Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It could be that Audi drivers tend to be more low-key, which fits the Triumph profile. We're not

exactly the leather-strapped Harley riders or the t-shirt and flip flop squidly gixxer riders. And BMWs are nice but that would be traitorous. There's a guy in the allroad forum who has a nice yellow thruxton, and my brother has one as well although it barely looks like one now. I've been trying to get a picture of it but it's been in the shop longer than he's ridden on it, waiting for parts and the work to get done. The Triple in my sig used to be his. It's great that Triumph is making a come back.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Nice one. I wonder how she'll react to that reply. By the way

the link in your post should be this one<ul><li><a href="http://action.publicbroadcasting.net/cartalk/posts/list/704010.page">http://action.publicbroadcasting.net/cartalk/posts/list/704010.page</a</li></ul>
Old 01-13-2008, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hopefully she'll take your suggestion of using this forum, but I think she is also seeking to

publicize her issue to force AoA's hand.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's what I think too but given that she lives in Michigan, I can see going to the car wash

as something that needs to be done frequently and quickly.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Default Agreed. They're fantastic bikes.

In all honesty, mine is more capable a machine than I am a rider, but I'm learning, and it'd definitely good to have that sort of respect for one's vehicle -- no matter how many wheels it has. ;-D

Quick Reply: Care to help a lady with her leaky TT?