TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Cell Phone Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2000, 09:10 PM
Sondra500

Default Cell Phone Package

Anyone know how to remove the handle and support for the built-in cell phone option without leaving holes in the center console? I got the option since it was the only way to get a TT without a wait, my dealer is clueless on how to remove it. He actually said it would be "easy for (you) to remove" though in fact it looks like you need to take out the passenger seat.
Old 02-13-2000, 06:23 AM
Arthur Emerson

Default Re: Cell Phone Package

The attached link points to the Audi directions for installing the phone kit. I imagine that "removal is the reverse of installation." Notice that the passenger's seat must be removed, and a special tool (VAS 5094) "must" be used to terminate the in-seat airbag connector while the seat is out. I haven't looked too closely, but suspect that a right-angle ratcheting screwdriver could save removing the seat. A 1/4" screwdriver bit in a 1/4" box-end or ratcheting wrench will probably do the trick. If the dealer didn't give you the removed plastic console caps that they removed to install the support, you might have to order them from the parts department.

One question - what are you going to do with the support once you remove it??? I was just about to check with my parts suppliers to see if they could order it for me without the phone.....<ul><li><a href="http://tech.vw.com/audipdf/a919901.pdf">http://tech.vw.com/audipdf/a919901.pdf</a></li></ul>
Old 02-13-2000, 09:16 AM
Kevin M

Default Seat does not have to be removed !!!!! - more below

I installed the bracket after I bought my TT.

The seat must be in its lowest position and pushed as far back on its track as it will go.

Also you need a short torx head (I think or could be a star drive) wrench - 1/4"socket on one end torx head on the other plus a small ratchet drive. All can be purchased from Sears.

If you push the seat padding away from the console the wrench will just fit in and allow you to unscrew the bolts holding the bracket to the console.

You will probably have to order the plastic covers from your dealer.

regards

Kevin
Old 02-13-2000, 09:19 AM
Kevin M

Default BTW the bracket alone costs $250 - nt

nt
Old 02-13-2000, 11:05 AM
Sept 98?!!

Default Is this the same Arthur Emerson that hasn't updated the GTI-VR6 page since

Guess you don't have a GTI anymore huh?
Old 02-13-2000, 12:38 PM
Sondra500

Default Cell Phone Package *is* for sale

I would love to sell the bracket and assorted parts, even the phone, if anyone is interested.
Old 02-13-2000, 12:51 PM
Sondra500

thanks, hopefully i can recoupe the cost.
Old 02-13-2000, 02:15 PM
Brian M.

I thought the bracket was around $30
Old 02-13-2000, 02:17 PM
Brian M.

I Would Be Interested In The Bracket & Mounting Screws
Old 02-13-2000, 03:17 PM
Arthur Emerson

Default You forgot the part about being the only person stupid enough...

...to campaign a stock VR6 in ProSolo for the past two years, race in the One Lap of America, and ride shotgun as navigator in the Nevada Open Road Challenge, probably still holding the North American VR6 speed record at 151 MPH. Yes, and you must genuflect :-) and remind me that I'm the fastest VW driver in America according to the Waterfest '99 autocross results, and had the second-fastest time of day in VW's "performance" driving clinic cars at DriversFest '99. :-)

Sadly, "The Loaf" was sold on January 15th, and what's left of the GTI VR6 Online web site will be shut down in a few weeks.....<ul><li><a href="http://www.grevers.com/race/prepped.htm">Pictures of "The Loaf" on display at DriversFest '99 (bottom of page)</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Cell Phone Package