TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Central locking, windows, and convertible top

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central locking, windows, and convertible top

I have a 2002, Audi TT Roadster. I'm trying to fix issues with the Central Locking Control module. Has been quirky and here are the problems I currently have: Windows won't go all the way up, key fob doesn't work, interior lights don't work, brake light is on dimly even when the brake is off, fuel filer and truck switches don't release anything, can't look doors from inside, and convertible top does not work. This all started three days ago, but yesterday for a short while the locks auto locked when I reached a certain speed an the interior light worked - but this was temporary. Is there a ground or something I should be searching for? Where is it?

fuses all seemed ok, is there a relay or any other suggestions?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check your battery and terminals,
Old 01-23-2010, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default that wasn't it

Originally Posted by choptt
check your battery and terminals,
Nope, thanks but that didn't work. Thinking I need to clean a ground or something that both the convertible top motor uses and the central locking system - anyone know where to search for this?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm having a very similar issue, these same problems started happening on my car yesterday. One note that may be helpful, when the car is off and the drivers side door is open, I can hear a relay clicking behind the passenger seat. It clicks very fast (about twice the speed of a blinker). Also, the central locks and map lights will work when the engine is running but not when it's off. I've checked all logical fuses and removing two of the ones labeled "central locking" caused the relay to stop clicking. Does anyone know what this relay is or where it's located?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MizzouTT
I'm having a very similar issue, these same problems started happening on my car yesterday. One note that may be helpful, when the car is off and the drivers side door is open, I can hear a relay clicking behind the passenger seat. It clicks very fast (about twice the speed of a blinker). Also, the central locks and map lights will work when the engine is running but not when it's off. I've checked all logical fuses and removing two of the ones labeled "central locking" caused the relay to stop clicking. Does anyone know what this relay is or where it's located?
I believe Bently indicates the relay is under the dash on the driver's side - it will be the next thing I check also.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

sounds like the central locking computer. cost me about 700 dollars at the dealer to have replaced in my roadster. still need to go back and have them reset my key fob, two years later.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NealNJ
I have a 2002, Audi TT Roadster. I'm trying to fix issues with the Central Locking Control module. Has been quirky and here are the problems I currently have: Windows won't go all the way up, key fob doesn't work, interior lights don't work, brake light is on dimly even when the brake is off, fuel filer and truck switches don't release anything, can't look doors from inside, and convertible top does not work. This all started three days ago, but yesterday for a short while the locks auto locked when I reached a certain speed an the interior light worked - but this was temporary. Is there a ground or something I should be searching for? Where is it?

I know this reply is many months late, however I experienced the same issues recently on an 04 a4 Cabriolet, many threads, most point to the control. Module, I took it out , verified no water Ingres and put back, seemed unlikely. Long story short, the problem turned out to be a broken wire from the driver door to the main body. Someone on this site prompted me to look at this and sure enough a heavy gauge brown wire was broken. Soldered the wire, taped up and it's perfect. Thought I'd share this simple fix
Old 11-30-2018, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default centeal control midule

Originally Posted by NCA4Cab
I know this reply is many months late, however I experienced the same issues recently on an 04 a4 Cabriolet, many threads, most point to the control. Module, I took it out , verified no water Ingres and put back, seemed unlikely. Long story short, the problem turned out to be a broken wire from the driver door to the main body. Someone on this site prompted me to look at this and sure enough a heavy gauge brown wire was broken. Soldered the wire, taped up and it's perfect. Thought I'd share this simple fix
did you take the driver side door panel to find this brown wire
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2019 Feb Cause

2001 Audi TT Q the windows Top Locks maps lights all failed. Turns out the Headlight leveling control: 4B0-907-357 List price: $357 found on ebay $25.
Zinkwerks of Euless Texas found the issue and except for a fried radio all seems better.

QUOTE=NealNJ;23913779]I have a 2002, Audi TT Roadster. I'm trying to fix issues with the Central Locking Control module. Has been quirky and here are the problems I currently have: Windows won't go all the way up, key fob doesn't work, interior lights don't work, brake light is on dimly even when the brake is off, fuel filer and truck switches don't release anything, can't look doors from inside, and convertible top does not work. This all started three days ago, but yesterday for a short while the locks auto locked when I reached a certain speed an the interior light worked - but this was temporary. Is there a ground or something I should be searching for? Where is it?

fuses all seemed ok, is there a relay or any other suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Old 09-01-2020, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi TT electrical issue with Central locking, Windows and Convertible Top.

Originally Posted by NealNJ

I just encountered the exact problem you described. I followed the thread but never saw the resolution? It could be the module but it seems more like a lost ground. Especially with the emergency brake light remaining on dim when released. I also lost door locks, gas cap release, trunk release, convertible top operation and the top open indicator light on the dash. Has this been solved? Hate to replace the module if not needed. Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Central locking, windows, and convertible top