TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

ClearBra install today . . . very nice :o)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ClearBra install today . . . very nice :o)

Okay, I got the TT done today. I had the entire nose of the car (from the windshield forward) covered, as well as the mirrors and the side panels that run from wheel to wheel beneath the doors. All I can say is . . .WOW! There are no visible seams at all, and aside from a few cloudy areas that will clear up, the install is gorgeous!

After seeing a few of the kits installed, I decided to forego those in favor of the custom job. The guys from Utah know there stuff. I stood there and watched them do it (took about 2 hours). I'll attempt to get some pictures taken and posted in quick order for those interested.

The problem I had with the kits was this: the precut pieces covered the forward facing panels, but didn't adequately protect against the slopeing parts, particularly around the lower grills. The kits only protect part of the painted surface. With the custom application, the entire painted surface is covered, and the edges are wrapped around the panels so no seams are visible.

The installers will be making a return trip in 6 weeks or so to do a checkup on the installs, and fix any problems that may arise. Dan and his team are all about getting it right and making the customer happy . .. can't beat that!

If any of you are interested in putting together your own group installation, here's what you need - about 10 participants, a well lit open garage to work in, and about $1000 - 1200 per participant to cover the materials, labor, and expenses.

This is the same outfit that wraps the cars in Jason's shop . . very reputible and VERY GOOD!<ul><li><a href="http://www.clearbra.net">ClearBra Website</a></li></ul>