TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Cluster Settlement and Dealer ignorance - Why dealers suck

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluster Settlement and Dealer ignorance - Why dealers suck

So I went in for the appointment that I made in regards to replacing the cluster on my 2000 TT as per my approved settlement claim. Issues started as early as the phone call, when the dealership claimed they had no knowledge of a cluster settlement (they did however, know about the timing belt claim). I faxed in my claim form, and they made me an appointment.

When I get there today, the girl at the desk says she has no idea about the instrument settlement. I present her the form. She says, that my car is over 6 years old and no longer eligible. I point out the part that relates to having had diagnosed the cluster problem w/in 6 years. She says that since I don't have my proof of diagnosis with me she can't do anything. I tell her, "No, this is the result of the claim, everything has already been approved." And I point to the actual approval section. She then proceeds to say, "Well, everyone gets one of those, we need your proof." Mind you this is after she says she hasn't heard of the instrument cluster settlement. I say, "NO, everyone does not, this is proof of my claim and approval." She says, I'll have to research this, and does some stuff on the computer, and photocopies my approval letter. She then tells me that they need to make sure its the cluster that's causing my faulty gas readout. I assure her that it is, and that eitherway my LCD isn't working well. She says, the cluster settlement (the one she apparently hadn't heard about a few minutes ago), is related to gas gauges. And continues to say they don't have any clusters in stock, and if it turns out to be my cluster that has issues, I'll need to bring my car back in next week. I left the car w/them and told them I know its the cluster that's the issue...they're going to still check.

What a mess, this just reminds me why I hate dealerships. Its not up to them to approve the claim, they get paid no matter what by Audi of America for warranty/settlement work, and the stupid agent definitely gets paid no matter what.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default they're going to skirt around the issue until the 6-years is up...

then you'll have to pay it. i can't believe with all the documentation and approval letters, they still think that's its not valid. if it was Lexus, Mercedes or BMW...they wouldn't even treat you that way and take care of it regardless.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The voucher should be as good as cash. I'd call AoA customer satisfaction.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Rest In Peace

Default Go somewhere else......even if it takes you an hour>>>

if they are that stupid, then consider what will happen when they work on the car....

Just my nickels worth...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I want to. Its just that we have 45 days to get the replacement done.

Audi dealerships in NY tend to have terrible wait times. I'm probably around day 15 right now, and I don't want to mess around.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have my 2002 car in at Champion Audi as we "speak"

no issues on the cluster replacement at all and a red A3 as a free loaner.

So far so good.. *knocks wood*
Old 08-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Rest In Peace

i understand........hopefully it works out for you...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

REALLY!? They'll give out LOANERS!? YAY! Canceling appointment with Braman thats for sure!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also, when I call, what service guy should I ask for? Thanks!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, did you ask, or did they offer?

Quick Reply: Cluster Settlement and Dealer ignorance - Why dealers suck