TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Curry's Dyno Day - Dyno Data Viewer & Data Files

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curry's Dyno Day - Dyno Data Viewer & Data Files

Here's everything from Curry's Mustang dyno. I'm looking at VAG-COM data that was collected at the same time and will be posting it in the same directory. Below is the software install note from Joe at mustangdyne.

John,
Here's our dyno software.
You will receive four (4) total messages. Each message will have a single "Dx.Exe" attachment.
How to use them:
0) Make a directory like "C:\Tmp\DynoInstall" on your PC.
1) Copy each "Dx.Exe" file into "C:\Tmp\DynoInstall".
2) Run each "Dx.Exe" file. Make sure they extract into "C:\Tmp\DynoInstall". This will create all of the Windows install files for our program.
3) Run "C:\Tmp\DynoInstall\Setup.Exe". Do NOT change the install-to directory, just use the default. This will install our dyno software under "C:\Mustang\Chassis\SP7000". You should not have to restart your PC, since the device driver will not really be needed in demo mode.
4) Copy the "MDSP7000.MDB" file your dyno guy gave you, along with all of the "*.Bin" files, to "C:\Mustang\Chassis\SP7000\DB". You have to over-write the new, blank file that was put there when you installed the software.
4) Run "C:\Mustang\Chassis\SP7000\MDSP7000.Exe", our dyno software. The FIRST time you run this software, a little wizard will be run, to setup the software configuration. Somewhere in the wizard, you can select "Demo Mode"; do that. None of the other options matter very much if you do that.
5) Now you can view all of the data in the database, which will suck up those "*.Bin" files and display them, print them, export them, etc.
Good luck,
Joe

Here's what I found :
I missed the "select demo" and needed to reboot to get software to function properly.
For "Pick Vehicle for Testing" choose "audi tt", all of our runs where done under this name (including the Dodge).
The operator had two smoothed data files, one where the data was averaged in bins of 1 mph and the other where data was averaged in bins of 250 rpms. If you go to File, Test Types to List, & check "All HP curve tests" Then File, Select Test, Search and then pick a file with the time that was your run. My 4 runs are 2:51, 2:56, 3:04 & 3:09.
If you select Database, Power Curve Viewer - you will see curves as you saw them at Curry's if you select engine speed for horizontal and total power & torque for vertical.
This data is coming from the mdb file. If you select Database, Trace Graph Viewer you will get the raw data from the bin files and can smooth as much or little as you care. Both pre-smoothed & raw data can be exported as comma delimited ASCII data.

John

P.S. The fileserver has redated the files and will not let me change the dates, go to "filetime.txt" to get the proper time & date and reset values on your computer. Sorry.<ul><li><a href="http://members.home.net/shost4/">link to files</a></li></ul>
Old 10-22-2001, 05:10 PM

hmmm, link not working
Old 10-22-2001, 05:18 PM

Default Link works, I checked; however it's Comcast crappy, there when you least want it.

Try it at 3:30 AM, set a task for your computer to auto run.