TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Damn New Country Audi in Greenwich, CT. Lost a sale today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2000, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn New Country Audi in Greenwich, CT. Lost a sale today.

I was in Greenwich today with my friend. My dad was down there today and so I met him at New Country Audi to test drive the Allroad. Here are my big bitches with them now.
1. Didn't believe me that I had a TT until my dad walked in and told him that we did. And wouldn't talk to me until I asked to see a salesman.
2. Wouldn't let me go near the allroad until my Dad got there. They thought I was just some kid goin to the dealer to look at the cool cars. (The guy got an earful from my dad)
3. The jerk who came along on the test drive told me I couldn't drive, even b4 we got going. I had made no implication that I intended to.
4. When we got back, the guy told my Dad that it was crazy to think about an allroad for a 16 yo. (This guy must forget that he works in GREENWICH CT. Half the kids there drive Navigators or Jeep GC Limiteds.)
5. Told my Dad that there was a recall on the engine in my Dads CL55 which had more customers around it than any Audi. My Dads solution was to drive next door to the Mercedes dealer and ask them. No problem on that engine whatsoever.

New Country lost a customer today. But we got ours at Danbury Audi, so what do I care. And I went there and Patricia OFFERED to let me drive the allroad before we got going. It's funny how the mentality in Greenwich is that people don't care how they treat customers kids. It lost the guy, maybe, a 50k dollar sale. Now all I have to do is convince the old man that the suburban has to go.
Old 12-09-2000, 04:04 PM

How long did it take you to save up for that TT?
Old 12-09-2000, 04:34 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jamie, not just a kid issue. I work a block from there and went to Danbury

as well. The person who dealt with me gave me that "why don't you come back with your husband" attitude when I went in to ask about the TT back in early 1999. (p.s. I'm a single woman so that behavior really ticks me off.) It's just a Greenwich thing. So many people here want Audis, that they'll probably sell every single one regardless of the manner in which they treat people.

Danbury, on the other hand, couldn't have been more pleasant. Put me on the TT list over the phone, treated me with with respect, tracked the car constantly and gave me updates, and even had the car in ahead of its scheduled delivery date. I won't even walk over to New Country to buy accessories...

Ahem, I thought the TT was your Mom's car....are you slowly taking over??? ;-)

They just had a road test of the Allroad on Speedvision. Had it up to 130 mph on the Laguna Seca track, then off road. They loved it.
Old 12-09-2000, 05:11 PM

Default I bought my A4 at New Country Audi in Greenwich..Service was OK..but they did treat my friend poorly

My family bought an A4 and TT 225C and they treated us alright and we are difficult people to treat well. Especially since my family took 4 different test drives in one day. But you are right they can be Jerks.
Anyway, are you from Greenwich? Maybe we could sometime get together and race a little or anyone else from the Greenwich area want to race??
Old 12-09-2000, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default With more staff like that...how can they be the #1 Audi Sales dealer in the US?

I don't get it. Is it just because they are in the epicenter of Audi loyalists?
Old 12-09-2000, 05:25 PM
Elder Member

Yes. Audis are very much in demand.
Old 12-09-2000, 05:28 PM
Elder Member

Default Skidder, we have a fun group of TTs that get together from the entire

tri-state area. Join in next time you see a posting about getting together.
Old 12-09-2000, 06:33 PM
Elder Member

Default Their not, that would be Biener in Great Neck, NY on Long Island.

In order:

1. Biener Audi, Great Neck, NY
2. New Country Audi, Greenwich, CT
3. Hoffmann Audi, Hartford, CT
Old 12-09-2000, 07:29 PM

why shouldn't they wait for your dad
Old 12-10-2000, 06:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Denny..take a pic of you in highheals messin with the aliens...then say 'you wanta mess with me'

Quick Reply: Damn New Country Audi in Greenwich, CT. Lost a sale today.