TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Debut Audi TT U.S. Commercial

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-1999, 06:47 PM
Brad Willis

Default Debut Audi TT U.S. Commercial

Now I know that you may have seen a commercial very similar to this. Actually, this one is a bit different than the one that's been making the rounds. This commercial was made for the U.S. market. The music is similar, but different with a stronger beat. Some of the background imagery is different. You will note the absence of the "Driven by Quattro" graphic that you will see in the version that has been around. I believe that we have a world debut! This is not the same mpeg that a fellow posted on the VW Vortex board. Anyway, follow the link below to check it out: <ul><li><a href="http://131.107.68.28/a4org/Audi_TT.mpg">Audi TT Commercial, U.S. Version</a></li></ul>
Old 04-26-1999, 01:58 AM
Rob C

Default Thanx Brad...

Thats the best thing I've downloaded since the Star wars Trailer !
Old 04-26-1999, 03:50 AM
dac

Default worth the download

Very cool. I had not seen another one you had eluded to being around. This one though is very cool and well worth the download, not that it was slow seeing as I am at work. Thanks.
Old 04-26-1999, 09:30 AM
J. Lanzer

Default Re:wow wow wow wow wow

YES !!!<br>absolutely the best i've seen!<p>Great thanks from Germany<br>Juergen
Old 04-26-1999, 10:32 AM
John P.

Default Brad, are you sure it's a US commercial? more

Brad,<br>Thanks for the link--it's better than the old video available at the Audi Spain site!<br>However, I doubt whether this is actually a commercial for the US Market. Why? First, the gauges are in kph instead of mph. Second, the car has dual exhaust pipes rather than the single pipe on the 180 bhp cars.<br>Perhaps this is an Audi oversight, or they just don't care. The commercial is great regardless of these inconsistencies. The only people who will notice this stuff are fellow TTholics, anyway.<br>By the way, where did you find out about this clip?<br>John P.
Old 04-26-1999, 10:58 AM
J. Lanzer

Default Re: Brad, are you sure it's a US commercial? more

First, the gauges are in kph instead of mph.<br>Second, the car has dual exhaust pipes rather than the single pipe on the 180 bhp cars.<p>John,<br>it's the german 225 bhp quattro !<p>GreTTings from Germany<br>Juergen
Old 04-26-1999, 11:06 AM
Dr. Lane

Default Re: Debut Audi TT U.S. Commercial-AWESOME!

Great video clip of a Quattro. <br>
Old 04-26-1999, 04:14 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: Brad, are you sure it's a US commercial? more

I know that the TT in the commercial is not a US spec model, but I understand that this clip was made for the U.S. market. They probably didn't have any U.S. models when the ad was made.
Old 04-28-1999, 04:36 AM
Joost Rijnbeek

Default Re: Debut Audi TT U.S. Commercial

Thanks a lot. This would be a perfect screensaver. Too bad this commercial is for the U.S. only, and not in my country (Holland)
Old 04-28-1999, 11:28 AM
Jason B. Jolly

Default Just noticed....

I was watching the Movie and I noticed something ... even though, from the exterior, the car in the video is a 225 bhp model, the enterior contains the ASR button on the dash?<p>Weird I must say....obviously the whole commercial was not filmed in one day .<p>Can't wait to get my hands on my 180 FWD -- only about 2 more days (keeping my fingers crossed ... )<p>Thanks<br>Jason<p>p.s. -- If anyone was wondering where in the movie I'm talking about ... it's @ the 57th second.

Quick Reply: Debut Audi TT U.S. Commercial