TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Defects, AoA Inaction, and Ordering Angst (longish)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 09:02 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I agree with the emotional aspect of your comments, but...

I do think that the recurring bugs are simply unacceptable. If the problems were random, we could conclude that the TT was a POS, but they are not random.

Audi needs to get on the ball and address these problems, and also communicate with the dealers and the customers as to what to do about them. I do not think their response is the norm. I think it is very poor and needs to be addressed. And "everything is hunky dory" posts won't accomplish that.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please note last sentence of my post...'hunky dory'... no; forum intensifies issues...yes
Old 10-11-2000, 09:26 AM

Michael, the "hunky dory" was not directed at you. It was more of a general comment.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

July 99 purchase - no defects, great service, no complaints.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:56 AM

Default For what it's worth...

I've had my 180TTQC for a little over a week, and have found none of the manufacturing defects that a few people have mentioned. The car has functioned perfectly and has met or exceeded every expectation I had.

If bulletproof reliability is a big concern, then perhaps a Honda or Toyota is a better choice, but I don't feel like I'm taking a huge risk in getting the TT. Audi's warranty is excellent, and if problems past the 50K mark scare you, lease the car for 3 years and see how you like it.
Old 10-11-2000, 10:09 AM
BZ

Default The board and the problems (which are magnified, thanks Michael) actually made me feel BETTER about

buying the TT. For me (not all), plunking down this amount of money on a car was a scary deal. I too was worried about buying a lemon, a dud, a loser-mobile that would just eat up my money and spit it back with not so much as a howdy-do. When I found this board and saw that a community of people have had problems and found fixes, it certainly made me know what I was getting into.

No car is perfect but how many brand new cars will have such limited, specific and fixable problems? Let the buyer beware.

Though... if you look at the numbers there are maybe 500 TT owners on this board. There are 100,000 TTs built. We are a picky sort. We want perfection and are not satisfied with dismisals from AoA or our service depts.

There are just way too many good things abou this car that totally overshadow the negatives. You will get a 5 yr B-B warrantee. Use it and this board to make sure you get the perfection that you are looking for.

BZ
Old 10-11-2000, 10:25 AM

You've had it for a week? IF problems are going to arise, it's probably going to take a bit longer.
Old 10-11-2000, 10:56 AM

Default Obviously problems can arise in the future. My point was...

That the car was free of the factory defects that some people seem to be experiencing before they get off the dealer's lot.
Old 10-11-2000, 11:00 AM

Default 5 year B-B? I thought it was 4. I agree I wouldn't still be preparing to order if it wasn't ...

for this forum and the inteligent nature of those on it.

I started naming people on the forum who have helped me decide that this is definetly the car to get but the list go too long....

I have also tried hanging around the forums for some of the other cars I _was_ considering (MR2, Impreza, Integra)... All they are are a bunch of "KeWl dOOds" trying to get 500hp out of thier car by any means possible (that's what I have decypered from all thier abreviations and broken sentances) ....

Wait I should make the MR2 forums an exception... most of those guys/gals love thier cars. (I just can't deal with no trunk)

I would much rather have the AudiWorld forum for support and association than any of those others though. (esp after that little thing that happened with the BMW forum a few days ago)
Old 10-11-2000, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad...I meant I ways agreeing with you on H&D bit...see how focused we can get ;-)

Quick Reply: Defects, AoA Inaction, and Ordering Angst (longish)