TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Do you think it is irresponsible of the media to replay...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh you mean the vast left wing conspiracy that is taking over our country

And essentially controlling the news. Like how the Senate Press Committee, a group of left wing lowlives is keeping Worldnetdaily from getting press credentials, but let the Xinghua Daily Chinese Spy Agency get them. http://209.17.95.115/images2/researchlist1.jpg
Old 09-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Elder Member

Default Here's a report from the CDC on this topic.

<ul><li><a href="http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5135a2.htm">http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5135a2.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 09-10-2002, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So you experienced the shock of watching the horror unfold in front of your eyes...

Did you loose any family members or close friends because of it?

If you were just an observer I don't think you begin to realize the difficulties the victims will be going through.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:01 AM

Default And I was also affected because 2 of my family members were there...

One uncle is a firefighter and almost all of his friends from the Academy are dead. He is now on disability because he cannot breath, and has a constand cough. This is a guy who rode a bicycle to work. My other uncle is a cop who was there and lost friends also. Both were injured at the scene, and lost many people they knew. War is hell. They started it, and we better damn well finish it. Gore would still be negotiating with Mullah Omar right now.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:10 AM

Default I watched the WHOLE thing happen...

I was leaving Manhattan (was at the China Club the night before). I went to get my car out of the garage I was parked in. They only took cash, so I went across the street to an ATM in a convinience store. While crossing a blacked out FBI Tahoe was screaming downtown lights and all (2nd Ave and 46th). I thought that it was strange. But I got my car and started driving home. I went down to I think 39 or 41 maybe to get to the Lincoln tunnel. I was listening to Howard Stern, when he said that some idiot crashed a plane into the WTC. They thought originally that it was a private jet. Knowing what would happen next. I bolted for the tunnel. Crossing over 6th Ave. I saw the explosion of the 2nd plane. It looked surreal. The city was shut in like 5 minutes. Then it came across the radio that it was not a private plane, but airliners. It was horrific. Worse was hearing about the f-ing Arabs celebrating in the streets in Jersey City and Patterson.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I couldn't agree more with your last sentence! I sometimes wish...

I could just get rid of people like that at command... but they're just ignorant, uneducated people, raised to hate the western world and life style. Nothing can be done about it. As much as I wish the US would annihilate them, it wouldn't solve a thing. There are millions like them.

Even though I'm on the west coast I watched the entire incident unfold on CNBC that morning. I was awake and watching CNBC. I couldn't take anymore after about two weeks of coverage, I had to stop watching and turn my attentions to something else because other peoples loss reminded me of mine. You know how the saying goes, misery likes company.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:41 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have seen (in person) kids burned to death...

One had his charred fingers welded to the bed springs and they had to be removed with bolt cutters. I've held mothers in my arms who were gazing upon their dead babies. I've witnessed shotgun blasts to the face, and I've stood before the twisted mangled and lifeless bodies of entire families killed by drunk drivers. I've also interviewed and counselled the victims of rape and child molestation.

Yet despite all that I've seen and been through, I am not going to dwell on this. I certainly don't want to relive it over and over. Traumatic stuff? You bet! However, life goes on and we all need to move forward. I don't see how continual rehashing of tragic events does anyone any good, ESPECIALLY for those who were in fact the most directly effected.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:43 AM

Default Billions actually, and spreading like a virus... Like the ****'s but with the

excuse of being a religion. Hesitation will only make the final reckoning that much worse.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:52 AM

Default It's not only the deaths...

Symbolically this was them knocking down the tower of babble. Symbolicaly this was the end of the US power. In fact MOST of the muslim world believes that it was carried out by Jews. F-ing sickos.