TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Does anyone else think the forum has changed since the Falling Water event?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's ok, you made some good points there.....

A lot of this is just the aftershock of the event and I'm sure it will get mostly back to normal. The difference being, that a lot of us that attended now truly consider one another as real friends, not just some person you run into on the forum and chat.

To put this in perspective, I have been putting a lot of thought into moving back East again as a result of the friendships I made last weekend.

Sure, there will be a lot more familiarity around here, but things will get back to a dull roar soon.
Old 04-27-2001, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I, for one, still think that you're just......

the ultimate comedic pr..........

Ok, I stopped myself. How's that for restraint? See, I do have self-control!!!!
Old 04-27-2001, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a quick note,

Even though I am quite new here, about 2 months, I was unable to attend FW because I committed to a Florida trip.
When I got back I noticed alot of new names. Not a bad thing but yes, quite different.
Just wanted to ask where these people were a few weeks ago?
Old 04-27-2001, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default About those seats......

Why don't you just take them out and do them yourself?...........I kill me sometimes......
Old 04-27-2001, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm still just jealous of all the mods I saw there... Damn you ocTTober : -)

Incredible to see such a large group devoted to their cars and yet not miss a beat regarding having fun and being themselves.

I miss the whole scene...

Everyone was really nice.......[sniff]

Even my wife Maria keeps talking about it. She could have cared less before. Now she has TT fever.
Old 04-27-2001, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Has the forum changed? Yes. Better or worse..? ..If your a regular reader then....

you would be able to follow along with every one of the Falling Water threads even if you were not an attendee. There are still threads that are non FW posts and I don't think there is much separation in the forum... if any, it is temporary. Personalities have been reveled and people have gotten to know each other but the most common thread, the TT is still at large. (Some East Cost TT Clicks were already evident as many of you have had "Install parties" that were just too far to attend. I think those folks had the easiest time hanging out as they had already past the ice-breaker point?)

Any new TT-er to come to this Forum may have a completely different take on where we are now and what kind of idiots drive these cars besides themselves... (and those who DON'T drive these cars but still have a tremendous presence here. ~JD) But I think this will all die down and the personal slams/cuts and laughter of 'last weekends' antics will come to rest. Next year or other events this year, will be anticipated and I for one would attend again. IT was a blast to see all the cars and meet "Semi-celebrity Forum TT Gods" with their tricked out charioTTs! LLtek = Whew!

I am just glad that I keep up with this forum and have so for about a year. I did not get to spend much time with really any one person at FW and was just glad to meet everyone I reached out for. I have read thousands of posts and have developed my own thoughts of what peoples personalities would be. I pursued meeting people that I have admired their cars, modifications, and personal experiences with the TT that I had read about. Unfortunately, I did not get to see all the TT mods that I have been reading about as the days activities kept us on the move and at night, it was too hard to figure out who's car was who's? Next time will be better and I am glad that we all kept busy.

I am putting a video together of the weekends events! It will, of course, be very condensed and last about as long as GuilTTy's song. It should be a great testament to the time we had ....(as I did not film in the bar and most of the video is of cars, plates, mods and smiles.

My .02 Cents.

e! (JES TT)

Nice observation Jenner!
Old 04-27-2001, 01:45 PM

Default at least you live close enough to ocTTober to look at his tt...

think of the poor unfortunates who live too far away to get a glimpse at the pinnacle, the ultimate, the ocTTober TT! those of us who have the great fortune to live close can only look in awe, as we say to ourselves, "we're not worthy".

:-)))
Old 04-27-2001, 01:52 PM
Elder Member

Says the man with StopTech and Bilstein boxes in his garage
Old 04-27-2001, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Couldn't have said it better. Belittling the newbies is inexcusable. I wasn't at FW either....

....but I was welcomed here as a newbie, and have since strengthened cyber-ties with many of you. My technical knowledge lags far behind most of you, however I contribute what I can. This forum generally maintains a perfect balance between chat room and hard-core tech, and that suits me just fine. If it's swung a little too far towards the former lately, I don't mind, because I know balance will be restored.

There's more to owning a TT than I ever dreamed.

Thanks for listening
-Richard
Old 04-27-2001, 02:00 PM

i'm just trying to be worthy! :-)

Quick Reply: Does anyone else think the forum has changed since the Falling Water event?