TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Does EdgeRacing actually respond to email?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask them again - I was just at their shop and Josh was going to order some 5x100s for me.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default They seem to be rather soft... and others have had finish problems

I've had a bit of problems with both!!

I remember asking ER several times about how strong these were... I got the bit about them being TUV approved and something about them being much much stronger than normal cast wheels... 'just as strong as forged'
har har

at least they arnt as soft as my old anteras... the finish is another story though... its slowly turning black starting with the insides of the spokes
Old 02-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Am all set now as I went with the Ronal R-38s for winter. Actually, glad

I ended up with them as I didn't need to use the spacers that were required with the Replicas with StopTechs...and, it's fun to have a different winter and summer wardrobe ;-D
Old 02-19-2003, 03:07 PM

Default Sorry about the delay, please notethat you can reach us toll free at

800-489-5353
Mon-Thur 9:00AM to 6:30PM EST
Fri 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST

Your email will be responded by one of us here at Edge Racing

Again, sorry for the delay
Old 02-19-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Ronin, sorry about the delay

Our main mailbox is flooded with emails and viruses and sometimes it takes a little longer for us to respond (or not respond because of incorrectly deleting them)

Please re-email them to me MAX@edgeracing.com and I'll take care of you.

You can also reach us toll free 800-489-5353 if you need immediate assistance

Hope to help you
Old 02-19-2003, 03:15 PM

Default SLSTT as mentioned above, sorry for the delay

Re-email to me if not much trouble and i will take care of it personally.

You can always reach us toll free at 800-489-5353 from 9:00AM to 6:30PM Mon-Thur and 9:00AM-5:00PM Fri.
Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Danielle, I did respond to all your emails. The fact that you didnt like the result (neither did I)

Is another story.

I really offered all the options available... here is a copy of the last email I sent you (for others to see):

"Danielle,

Sorry about the delay in my response.

Several of us watched the video and pictures that you sent.

Before I tell you what we'll do, I want you to understand our position.

We mount, balance and inspect every single ER-Bundle that leaves our premises for any kind of imperfection due to the high costs of shipping, the high cost of replacements and the satisfaction of our customers. Any wheel or tire that shows the kind of imperfection like the set you own does not get shipped in the first place... it would be very dumb and nonprofessional from our part

We are sure that the damage happened a) while driving, or b) during shipping. Since you told me that you did not notice any significant bump or impact then chances are very high that the damage happened during b) shipping.

It's the first time that our packing fails this way and the second time it fails overall. We understand that that kind of damage is not easily detected during unpacking, so...

We will give you up to $100 out of our pockets for one of the two options:
1- To have the rear part of the wheel re-straightened
2- Towards the purchase of a replacement ($100 credit)

I say out our pockets because we can't do anything with UPS at this point

I wish (as I'm sure you do) that this didn't happen in the first place (especially to you with all that wait time), but I hope that your experience with me and Edge Racing is a good one.

Let me know what you want to do and we'll take it from there "

As I wrote back in June 2002, the damage happened either from your trip from New Mexico to Colorado or by UPS mishandling the wheels. The moment you strap those wheels to the car you are limiting many things that I can do for you (like replacement). UPS does not take responsibility on wheels and tires that have been driven 400 miles.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:11 PM

Default I'm talking about all the emails I sent AFTER that one

and unreturned phone calls (I left voice mails and messages with other people there) with questions I had about the repair of the rim, the 'credit', and how it was all going to work out.

In fact I was ready to have the rim repaired while I was in colorado a second time but didnt want to go through with anything until I heard back from you guys. Seeing as no one ever returned my emails or calls I've never had it repaired.

I've been chastised for not demanding a free rim... for not plastering bad press about you guys all over the web... and for not posting what happened in every single forum. I didnt want to be the person that goes on every forum you server posting 'Edge racing f'd me over they are a bunch of bstrds blah blah etc etc' like everyone else does. All my friends are pissed (both local and internet) ,my parents were really pissed, my boyfriend was pissed.... and everyone kept edging me on to do something, post something, take more action or whatnot.

They all think its total BS that I purchase a brand spanking new rim and have to have it 'repaired' because of UPS or whoevers fck up. I dont care what some people say... that rim will never be the same or as strong after a repair, and alot of others agree with me.

I've kept my mouth shut this entire time until now... god forbid anyone else should have to deal with something like this.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:36 PM

Why are you bad-mouthing them here? This is the TT Forum. Your sig is a Rabbit. Do you own a TT?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:23 PM

Got the email, thank you

Quick Reply: Does EdgeRacing actually respond to email?