TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Driving Other Cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-1999, 07:24 AM
Jim Torongo

Default Driving Other Cars

While my TT has been in the shop I have driven all manor of other cars and trucks. Brand new 1999 rental cars (while traveling) from Chevy, Dodge, and Ford (not low end models) as will as my Acura and more. Also drove a new Jeep Grand Cheroke and the TT has ruined me for life. Never again can I drive cars such as these without thinking "what a piece of crap". The TT is SOOOO much better it's impossible to put into words. The TT is such a strong car! Yes there are some problems reported (read some of my posts) but don't lose sight of the fact that we are on the internet and we have to put some scale to it all. It's the basic design that makes the car so good and I'm not just talking esthetics here. So be warned, don't drive a TT unless you are willing to see 97% of all other cars as junky. JIM
Old 06-22-1999, 10:25 AM
Ryan E.

Default I agree...and only after a test drive

After test driving a TT at my dealer, I felt weird when I got back in my own car (which I have driven for 5 years). I was only in the TT for about 15-20 minutes, and it ruined the feel of my current vehicle. And to think I have to "put up with it" until Nov.-Dec.
Old 06-22-1999, 04:07 PM
Stuart

Default Re: Driving Other Cars (long)

I have to agree as well. I have been a life long Mustang owner. Even though I have been able to afford much more I always felt like there was something about the raw horsepower that I could not shake. That was until I drove the TT. I am a mechanical engineer with an automotive focus and I have to say that the TT really blew me away. The test drive sealed the deal for me. Just to be sure I test drove the new Cobra and then the TT and I have to say that I think the TT spoiled me. I can't wait to get mine in September. I have seen the light. If all Audi products are this good I am sold.<br>