TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Dropped my car off @ Don McGill - Transmission - Steve Mikula Please take care of my car :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-1999, 07:50 AM
Crisp

Default Dropped my car off @ Don McGill - Transmission - Steve Mikula Please take care of my car :)

Well, I dropped my car off at Don McGill hear in Houston. Now, I guess, I get to wait to see what they find out about this mysterious 1st to 2nd gear occasional grinding transmission. I will keep everyone up to date on what I find. Brad Willis, did they say what was wrong with your car, exactly?<p>On another note, while I was there - there was a beautiful Black TT with no tags in the shop with what looks like a brand new tint job. Boy - the black with tint looks real sleek. I don't think this car has been titled before - it could be a new one (no Quattro badge, though). Is this anyone's car on the board? When are you taking delivery? IMO, it looks ready now <p>They also have two Silver TT's, but I believe they are used so therefore more than MSRP. It's weird that they sell the new cars for MSRP and the used ones for more. What a great country
Old 07-28-1999, 01:03 PM
Crisp

Default Re: Dropped my car off @ Don McGill - Transmission - Steve Mikula Please take care of my car :)

Well, they are replacing my transmission. No news yet on exactly what is wrong. I will keep you up to date.
Old 07-28-1999, 01:04 PM
SAF

Default Re: Dropped my car off @ Don McGill - Transmission - Steve Mikula Please take care of my car :)

Good luck, buddy!
Old 07-28-1999, 02:41 PM
Steve Mikula

Sorry you are having a problem! I have been in Atlanta for Audi training - and come back to a dead web site, Porsche service rep is here today, and I will have some answers for you as soon as I can get info! Steve
Old 07-28-1999, 05:23 PM
Janet

Hang in there, Crisp...I know it must be AWFUL for you without your TT! Keep us posted...and good luck!<p>Janet
Old 07-28-1999, 09:42 PM
SAF

BTW, what did they loan you?
Old 07-29-1999, 09:19 AM
Crisp

They gave me a Toyata Corolla. I believe that this is typical for a one loaner. They told me to bring it back today so they could get me in an Audi Loaner. <p>I will let you know what I get.
Old 07-29-1999, 05:39 PM
SAF

I got an A6 when I had my windshield replaced! What fun!