TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Dsg / drive issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dsg / drive issues

Hello everyone,
This morning I had a disturbing drive in to work and am very worried about my mk1 audi tt. It has the 3.2 engine with dsg transmission.

This morning as I pulled out of the drive the car seemed to not accelerate at all until I really revved it. 3-4k rpm and it would move but not right at all. As if it wasn't getting in gear correctly. I used the paddles to go into manual mode and still same problem. I limped down the road and turned around to come back home.
It has never done anything like this before and has had no issues related to this in my ownership of this car. The car sounded good and if it wasn't that I wasn't moving properly I never would have known anything was wrong.
It had dsg fluid serviced probably 1.5 years ago.

Any thoughts on what things I should check? Is there a way to check trans fluid level? Or is this likely a different issue?
Old 10-26-2021, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, I have a 2006 3.2 TT with DSG and I can share some things that I've learned while owning mine. The DSG fluid is recommended to be changed every 40k miles, so if your mileage is double that even though it was changed one and a half years I'd recommend having it changed again. There's no way to check the fluid level unless you take the plug out from under the car and put some kind of wire dipstick to dip in there to check. I'm wondering at any point did you get a P R N D S flash on the LCD screen? I've seen a video of this when the firmware on the DSG is is an issue. If at all possible, I'd take it to Audi or find a way to check the firmware version on the DSG because mine has had an update flash and I haven't had any issues with it since owning it for almost 10 years now. I bought it used btw. I'm not sure if the information I provided will help your situation but hopefully will point you in the right direction. Let us know what you find please.

Last edited by TTurbo; 10-29-2021 at 06:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something else I found just randomly and I wasn't even really looking for it but it's good info to have for any DSG owner. There was a service bulletin that was put out in 2013 that pointed toward the wrong type of gearbox fluid being used in the transmission. Oddly enough the fluid additives would cause corrosion and cause an electrical short resulting in a blown fuse. I realize you stated the fluid had been changed in the last two years so it's probably not the issue you're having but thought it was still relevant to post. I've attached the safety recall bulletin to read over. Notice the problem description on the first page. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...3V568-9034.pdf
Old 10-29-2021, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Brake light switch been replaced yet? Cheap & easy...