TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

::ECS Tuning:: TT MkI Tonneau Cover - 87% OFF

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ::ECS Tuning:: TT MkI Tonneau Cover - 87% OFF

We are able to offer TT MkI Tonneau Covers for a great 87% off right now. These work similar to pickup truck tonneau covers. They sit over your seat head rests and secure down to provide protection for your convertible. You can even drive with them on your passenger side to reduce wind noise and turbulence, much like the old 20's open wheel racers! You can also use them to store your TT overnight, in your garage, camping, etc. The uses are countless!

TT Tonneau Cover for 87% OFF - $89.96
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

The first one to order from us and send us some high-rez installed photos to Chris@ECStuning.com will get a nice kick back from us!
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Old 03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Pictures have arrived:
Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Mad props to Tomlin!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

A major ad campaign is about to be released for these, so jump on them before they are all gone!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

These are now flying off the shelves, get them before they are gone forever! Limited supply!!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

we are currently backordered on these. More are scheduled to land soon, keep the orders coming.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed ours.

Pretty easy install (after wife gets over drilling a hole in the dash)

Nice quality piece. Great price!!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:49 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Thank you for the review! We are working on sourcing some additional covers right now, stay tuned those who have been hesitant.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, took some nerve to drill the hole in the dash though!

some tips for those that are going to do it:

read the directions. Become one with the directions. fully understand every step before you pick up the drill!

If you do not have an angle drill, there are 90 degree adapters for like $20 at the hardware store you can get to use your own drill (thats what I did. worked fine) (once you get the nerve to drill into the dash

Also I would suggest using brand new drill bits. Spend a couple bucks now for nice clean holes. GET the right size bits! They are metric sizes in the manual. When you buy individual bits, they should list the metric size on the bit (at least the ones I got at lowes did). GET the right size (I know I am repeating myself)! 2 holes are for rivets, if the hole is too big, the rivets might not hold. The hole in the dash needs to be exact as well, otherwise the spacer may fall through the hole if it is too big. GET the right size bits! buy new bits! I think I spent $5 for 3 quality bits. This is not horseshoes, close enough is NOT good enough!

Put a piece of duct tape on your finger to hold the clip for the under the dash stud. There is NO way you can (or at least I can) get that clip onto the stud threads through the vent without some sticky assistance! Once I stuck the clip to the duct tape wrapped around my finger, went in first time. Wouldn't be fun if you droppped that clip into the vent!!

On the 4 screws that get screwed into the back deck, mark the holes with the bracket. remove bracket from car. drill the holes, then screw in the screws (without the bracket in place) with a drill/driver with lots of downward pressure so you 'cut' threads into the aluminum under the plastic and you don't strip the head of the screw. When you put the bracket on, the screws will screw right in to the car a LOT easier. (ie drill hole, drive the screws in, remove the screws, mount bracket, screw the screws back in). be careful with the drill chuck spinning, you are near the roll bars. Don't scratch them! Protect them if you can (cardboard, etc)

when I put the rivets in the side panels, I put the panel on the ground and put some weight on the rivet tool(not a lot, don't kill it), just so it would be perfectly flush and so when I put the rivet in, it wouldn't back away.

Don't rush! Take your freaking time. Took me about an hour to do.

Everything looks professional and has the 'factory' look to it if you take your time

Quick Reply: ::ECS Tuning:: TT MkI Tonneau Cover - 87% OFF