TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

End-of-lease inspection question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End-of-lease inspection question(s)

Hello,

My TTR 180 lease is up in a few weeks. I received a call from Audi Financial Services giving me the 800 number of an "independent contractor" with whom I have to schedule an inspection at my home or office. I asked if there were any written standards for what I can be charged for. The Audi person said there is a form and an inspection manual but I am not allowed to see either before the inspection. She did give me a couple of examples, e.g., "more than two scratches per body panel" could result in a charge. She also said "some inspectors are more lenient and some are stricter." What the? That is not a cool admission.

So, needless to say, I am a little nervous. I don't think I have more than "normal wear & tear" for a three-year lease, but it is impossible to know I guess. My tire tread is good (new Potenzas) but there is not much other guidance in the lease agreement.

Is there any way I can get a copy of this form from someone who has gone through the inspection process?

Thanks everybody!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Elder Member

Default What sort of shape is the car in?

I wasn't there when the car was picked up 2 weeks ago, but wasn't worried about it. My cars paint was all chipped from bad Audi paint. If they give me a problem with it I will point them at the various invoices I have where I complained about the quality of the paint.

So long as you don't have any dents and chips in the paint from door dings or accidents you are fine. Any scratches? If not, you are fine.

How are the leather seats? Normal wear and tear?

Luckily my Chase lease has $1,500 built into the lease to pay for any and all repairs.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:33 PM

Default I've leased 4 cars so far............and

I've never had any real trouble at lease end....

However, when I went to turn in my last car (Nissan Maxima) the inspector seemed a little harsh with his evaluation...I reminded him that the car was 39 months old and not expected to be in pristine condition...and told him that I would be adding my "thoughts" to his report. At that very point he started to lighten up...said I was a "tough one"...My statement said that I did not agree with the content of his report and his findings blah blah blah...I think my speaking up made him realize I wasn't the right person to get excessive wear and tear dollars from...Be friendly and firm!

I never heard from the leasing company after that...

This, by the way, was the only time I went with a leasing company that was not directly associated with the car...ie. Hahn instead of Nissan Motor Acceptance or Audi Financial Services....My 3 other cars were taken back no questions asked!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:43 AM

Default I take excelent car of my cars but..

Chrysler (Gold Key) has kept my deposit 2 times. Once for excessive tire wear, and once to prep the car for re-sale. Both time the dealer commented on the good condition of the car - I no longer drive Chrysler products.

I am curious to know how you make out with Audi; my VW Jetta lease is up next month.

Good Luck.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:07 AM
Elder Member

Default The inspector did inspect thoroughly, but did not mark me down for anything.

The only thing he could have was for wear on the leather seat and some scratches on the rear left bumper that I smoothed out pretty well with 3m Fine Cut. Tires were in good shape.

My wife did say, again, that he was very thorough.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:10 PM

very good shape. a couple of curb dings on the wheels.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Elder Member

My wheels were a mess and they didn't even make note of them.
Old 02-13-2003, 04:51 AM
Elder Member

Same here, I forgot about that. 2 curbed but true wheels, no problem