TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Exhaust questions for the 180QC's out there...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions for the 180QC's out there...

I'd really like to upgrade the exhaust on my 2002 TT 180QC, but financial constraints will eliminate the option of trial-and-error. I've done some research but need to ask questions specifically about the 180, as much of the research came back for 225's.

I'm looking for an exhaust that will sound great with WOT, but don't want to hear it while cruzing on the freeway. The TT is my daily driver.

If I stick with single tip, there is an older Borla model out there, and I found a Neuspeed with the funky dimples on the tip.

1. Everything I read about Borla comes back as loud and lots of drone. True for the single tip?

2. Heard the Neuspeed is just a rebranded Borla? True? So same issues with Borla would apply to this one?

If I upgrade to a dual tip, seems like I can go with many of the 225 exhaust options, but will have to buy a dual tip valance.

1. Folks really seem to like the Blue Flame. No complaints of drone, but there were comments about it being too quiet. True during WOT?

2. There seems to be an expander needed to mate the Blue Flame exhaust up to the 180 QC pipe downstream of cat. True? Provided with exhaust or separate purchase? Seems some folks got them and others didn't.

3. Any other mating/routing issues with Blue Flame and a 180QC?

I know exhaust is a personal preference thing, but was hoping the experience of the group here could help steer me towards the product best in line with my goal.

The Borla option is for a used model and would be least expensive.

The Neuspeed and Blue Flame will be very close in total cost but will be ~2X the cost of the Borla. Not the time to go cheap and then hate what I bought (and not have $ to correct the decision).
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 AM

Default check out remus.......>

not alot of people in the us use it, but its all anyone wants in germany, as well sponors all gt series racing. Usually not to bad in price in know single tip is around 400, not sure about the dual...good performance, not as loud as borla though..Personally, i'd go remus or milltek
Old 03-12-2007, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Got a Blue flame off the Ebay store for $625, free shipping. Mine did come with the.....

pipe to fit the 180.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just checked out your Fotki for your install...

Nice pics. Beautiful looking exhaust. The sound clips were hard to listen to. Would you happen to have anything clearer?

Thanks for confirming the expander and the plumbing looks like a direct fit, with the excpetion of the heat sheild cut and the extra bracket.

I also tried the alternate install you provided and their sound clips were hard to tell difference on.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default All of the Remus I found seemed to be "universal"...

So it sounded as though you need a good installer to bend/fab pipe and perform welding. Did see the ~$400 price though, but I'd bet I'm back up around $700 after installation. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 AM

Default Go to www.northamericanmotorsports.net.....>

write them an email saying i refered you(Matt Zielinski). My friends own this company, there hooking me up with my kit now. They have whole kit for audi tt, its not posted but they will order it for you. great guys, service, everything....direct fit for audi tt, but obviously you'll need the rear valence if you do dual out
Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Do you mean www.namotorsports.net?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry no other clips that I know of, mine actually isn't in yet, I'll be sure to do a full.....

write-up when I do.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default iv got a single tip borla quattro system....... looking for a home......

and i will be driving to TX for easter........ i could bring it with me... .......
Old 03-14-2007, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yours was the Borla I referred to in my post

Quick Reply: Exhaust questions for the 180QC's out there...