TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

A few MkII TT thoughts after driving a A3 3.2 Quattro for few months...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few MkII TT thoughts after driving a A3 3.2 Quattro for few months...

So I traded in the TT for a 3.2 A3 and here are a few thoughts...

-After having DSG I can honestly say that I want a manual tranny next. Don't get me wrong, the DSG is amazing, but it's less involved. I hate the fact that I can't tell what gear I'm in without looking at the dash. A manual is more involved.

-I love the 3.2 engine. Awesome power... the A3 exhaust is tuned too quiet though compared to the MkI TT or MkIV R32.

-The suspension is an amazing improvement over the MkI TT. It's glued to the road... No rear lift!

-I love the Adaptive Bi-Xenons headlamps... it's sweet how they turn with your steering.

-The interior is amazing Audi quality. I do have some rattles though around the console. I love the accent lighting around the door handles. I hope the TT gets them! The MkI TT set the standard for car interiors. I hope the MkII TT gets the nice loop carpet again... something I really miss. I hope they continue to have all the REAL aluminum accents as they do with the MkI TT.
The trunk cargo net is awesome... who what of thought Audi could make a easy functional feature (Twist tabs).

-The seats work great, but I want something a tad more sporty.

-Navigation Plus works awesome! No complaints at all there.

-Bluetooth compatibility needs to be better... the list of phones available that Audi says are compatible is small.

-Wheel designs are horrible for the A3... hopefully they offer some nice wheels for the MkII TT... something like the originals or like the new RS4 wheels (Shooting Brake Concept).

I like the A3, but I love and miss the TT. The TT is pure art! I found myself staring at the TT non-stop. additionally I find myself on this forum all the time. I miss the community of owners. The TT is an addiction. I know I'll be back... most likely as a MkII owner. I just want to say that I'm excited to see the upcoming TT and after driving the A3 3.2 I have good faith that it'll be even better on the new platform. If not... I'll be getting a 2002 ALMS real soon ;-) or maybe a Special Edition if I can find one!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good review!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks... I truely miss the TT!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

i never asked you why you sold the TT?
Old 03-14-2006, 09:48 PM

Default Re: A few MkII TT thoughts after driving a A3 3.2 Quattro for few months...

I thought about getting a A3 now & then. I like all room it offers and the style. A saw a lady throwing it around on the track, she was moving along pretty good. I have a 3.2 TT and I love the engine & tranny. That's what sold me on the car. If I didn't have my Type R Volvo wagon, I would buy a A3. I need a car for my daughter, she's still fitting in back of the TT. They do have some pretty cool rims out there for your car. It's going to be the next tuner's car. I've all ready seem pretty cool examples of your car. Enjoy you ride and will see you back in a TT soon.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:30 AM

Default Note on Bluetooth compatibility

The phones which are listed by Audi as being compatible with the car, are simply the only ones which Audi will support as being fully functional, meaning primarily that all functionality has been tested and Audi will provide tech support. This means you can download phone directories on some cars and use the directory to dial out. ( Don't think you can do this on the A3?)

Having said that, I have connected dozens of Bluetooth phones to every model Audi and have not yet found one which couldn't be used to initiate and receive phone calls.

So my point is that, regardless of whether your phone is on the list of supported devices, it will likely communicate with the car and allow you to make and receive phone calls.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

nice....very informative.........;-p
Old 03-15-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Maybe it's just me... my Samsung A900 doesn't work properly... it makes calls without

me asking it to. Kind a pain the the ***!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wanted something new... plus the wife hated the fact that I loved the TT.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks... I have a few mods planned/bought, I just like the purity of the TT more.

Quick Reply: A few MkII TT thoughts after driving a A3 3.2 Quattro for few months...