TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Finally found Zymol... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2001, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally found Zymol... now what?

I've always had someone else wax my car for me, but everyone raves about Zymol so I want to try it for myself. I found Zymol Cleaner Wax and I'm wondering... any suggestions on using it? What type of fabric does one use to apply and/or remove the wax?
Old 02-24-2001, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default For removing wax, the best product to use....

Microfiber towels are unsurpassed.

Check <a href="http://autowipe.com/800fr/fsdp1.html">this</a> site for info. It's all I ever use anymore.
Old 02-24-2001, 10:16 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cleaner wax okay, but far from the real Zymol experience....

Go to link below for your directions....but also go to zymol.com for the full product line. Between waxes when the car is just a little dirty, nothing beats the Field Glaze for touch ups. The cleaner wax is good for a mid-winter clean up, but would suggest one of their better waxes for all other times. Of course, there's another TT contingent that swears by Zaino products which are excellent as well.... www.zainobros.com<ul><li><a href="http://www.zymol.com/onestp2.htm">http://www.zymol.com/onestp2.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 02-24-2001, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Switch to Zaino
Old 02-25-2001, 03:48 AM
Elder Member

LOL :-)
Old 02-25-2001, 04:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Then once you do you will switch back to Zymol :-O
Old 02-25-2001, 04:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Second what Denny posted below...

You need to get the HD Cleanser, Zymol Carbon wax, Zymol Field Glaze and for the alloys the Zymol alloy glaze. I also have a few other suggestions...buy KIT Scratch Out and do all your windows (exterior) and that will remove all water spots etc from glass (remember these TTs do sit outside at docks for a while...windows can get 'etched' with rain spots) then use Stoners Invisible Glass as a window cleaner. I also found that Stoners More Shine Less Time works great as a tire detailer. If you run into any rough areas in the paint finish (many found that the back bumper fascia felt rough as if area had clear coat over spray) Mequiar's Clear Coat Body Scrub does the trick...becomes smooth as a baby's ....
Brad Willis turned us on to Rolls Royce Hide Food for the interior leather...great stuff.
The Zaino guys will try to turn you to the dark side of the detailing force...;-)) but they will have to explain the Zaino product line.
Hope this helps
Old 02-25-2001, 04:20 AM

I 2nd that !!
Old 02-25-2001, 06:03 AM
Elder Member

Default Between Denny's post and Michael's post you are all set.

I would just add that you should use Zymol.com as a reference but don't buy from them. Too much $$.

I shopped at Emmons Coachworks and had a great experience. On price, for example, 8oz. of Zymol Creame Wax (Like Carbon but for faster colored cars like silver) at Zymol.com is $42.50. At Emmons it is $36.00.

I used Zymol for a year or so and was pretty happy with the results. I have since switched to Pinnacle products, and am just as happy with the results and have found it a lot easier to apply. It is also somewhat less expensive. Pinnacle wax has the same philosophy as Zymol as far as unsing 100% natural additives in their products and they smell good like Zymol. Applying the Zymol Creame or Carbon was a very exacting process and it takes 1/4 the time for me to apply the Pinnacle wax. The system is similar to the one Zymol uses as Michael described.

As far as off the shelf waxes go, the Zymol Cleaner wax is good. Better to use that than nothing at all. But if you want deep shine and long lasting protection, you have to use one of the systems described here.

Pinnacle products can be found at http://properautocare.com/pinnacle.html<ul><li><a href="http://www.emmonscoachworks.com">Emmons Coachworks</a></li></ul>
Old 02-25-2001, 06:42 AM

Default No online ordering eh?

Thats a bummer.

Quick Reply: Finally found Zymol... now what?