TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Firestone not able to Align my car properly. Anyone experienced similar?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firestone not able to Align my car properly. Anyone experienced similar?

I paid Firestone for lifetime Alignment on my 2002 TT 225 QC and they cant align the front of the car.

My car is lowered with some springs(less popular) and Bilstein HD.

Firestone rep tells me they can't find a way to adjust either the TOE or Camber. One of the two, cant remember which one it was.

Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Im going for a trip tomorrow ~500 miles, and would really like the car aligned properly in the morning, before i leave.

TIA
Old 07-03-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I took mine to a nearby Firestone a few years ago and they put it on the alignment rack and then scratched their heads, looked in their book, etc. Finally said that they could not or were not comfortable doing it.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had mine at a car mod shop for new wheels to be installed. They also could not perform the alignment as it requires a special tool which supposedly costs $500 and is usually only available at Audi stealerships. You will have to suck it up and get it aligned at the dealer for about twice the cost. About 150-160.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by brat2.ua
I paid Firestone for lifetime Alignment on my 2002 TT 225 QC and they cant align the front of the car.

Firestone rep tells me they can't find a way to adjust either the TOE or Camber. One of the two, cant remember which one it was.

Help is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Im going for a trip tomorrow ~500 miles, and would really like the car aligned properly in the morning, before i leave.

TIA
How low did you go? If you go too far, then some numbers are tough to get too..

Firestone is not the place for a good alignment...and there is NO SUCH THING as lifetime....find a good tuner shop and they can work with you...mind you plan on paying more too....
Old 07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most people who lower seem to need K-macs or adjustable arms.

One reason why I haven't done it.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brat2.ua

TIA
Firestone is not the place to go to get your aftermarket suspension aligned. I also have the same car as yours and I just implemented Bileteins Coilovers, labor + 4 wheel alignment cost me $550.00 at a local Sport/speed shop. The place I took it to is a well know race shop, they are not cheap and they know their stuff. I live in New York City and there are a lot of good shops in the NY area. I am not sure where you resided but if you ask around you should be able to find a good place close by that can handle it.

Some Audi dealers do have 4 wheel alignment machines and others actually send it out to specialized alignment shops.

If you can't locate a local shop then you'll have to find a dealer that can do it. I can't imagine that it will be a lot since my entire labor + alignment was $550.00, and this place is an expensive Porsche / Audi racing shop.

Hope this helps...Good luck.

Best Regards.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i have a 2002 qtro roadster with neuspeed springs, and 19 inch wheels. i have the same problem, and have to get my car aligned about once every 2-3 months. they need a special tool from audi in order to do the camber. I just had them align what they could and the left thinking that it was better than going to the ****en dealership.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've never had them do the Audis, but I took my lowered VW to them and they did a better job than anyone else. They had to put it back on the rack 3-4 times before they got it right, but at least they put forth some effort.

They wouldn't let me get the lifetime alignment package because it was lowered, though.