TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

First scheduled service @ FSK Audi in Frederick. Not very happy. (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First scheduled service @ FSK Audi in Frederick. Not very happy. (rant)

I sheduled my 5K service in advance (per my salesman's instructions) to get a loaner car. I arrive, hand over the keys and ask... "where's the loaner".. I get "what loaner ?" I say " you know, the loaner you get when you shedule service in advance"... Nope it was all BS... I was informed they only have 8 loaner cars in total and that's for the Lincoln, Mercury & Audi folks to share. He told me they only like to give the loaners out to folks who have serious warranty problems. I can't fault them for that logic but I hate being lied to.

I decide to wait. 90 minutes later the car is driven back around and parked. I get my paper work and head out to the car. I read the write up and there are multiple mentions of "using the customers' oil" bla bla bla.. Then I notice my name is wrong, my address is wrong and the miles in says 55,040. I certainly don't want 55,040 to be recorded as my "first" service..

I went back in and they change a couple items but can't fix the miles.. They need help.. While there I get a semi hard time about bringing the oil in. He tells me " you know we sell Mobil One here @ the Parts counter".. Yeah right for twice what I paid for it.

On the way out I complained to the General Mgr about the Loaner car deal.. After mealy mouthing me he says "thank you for bring this to my attention".. Whatever...

I get home and pop the hood. I immeadiatly see oil slopped all over the engine cover and heavy oil around the oil cap. I pulled the cover off and the rubber piece under the cap was full of spilled oil. The only other item they tackled was a tire rotation (Making it VERY clear verbaly and in writing this would be my last free tire rotation). You would think they could at least check the tire pressure. Sure enough the rears were now over inflated and the fronts under inflated.

After going through all that, I wonder why I even bothered. I can change oil and rotate tires in my sleep.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:22 AM
Rest In Peace

sounds like a letter to AOA and time to find a different dealer...
Old 04-12-2001, 10:24 AM
Elder Member

What a sucky dealership (is "sucky" a word??)
Old 04-12-2001, 10:29 AM
Tx2

Pathetic, you spend short of 40k for this kind of treatment......amazing how they stay in business!
Old 04-12-2001, 10:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me appreciate Beechmont in Cinti, free loaner, free pick up/delivery 55 miles away
Old 04-12-2001, 10:42 AM

Default Sorry to hear. We have no really good dealers in this area which is why Michael and I skipped the

supposed 'free' maintenance at the dealer.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

'Tis now! ;o)
Old 04-12-2001, 10:43 AM

Default my 5K is tomorrow at Rusnak Pasadena. No loaner (same reason you got, but up front)

but I work two miles away. They promised to drop me at work and pick me up (altough there's a free city bus I could take)...

I was going to call about bringing Mobil 1. Guess if they sell it there I could give them the business (saves me a trip to Pep Boys).

So, that's all they did? Oil change and tire rotation? Aren't there usually a few bolts that get checked for torque and junk like that?

I also get an occassional clunk when I back up that sounds like it's a CV boot or something on the front right. Since I know f**k-all about cars, I'll see if I can replicate it for them, but I'm otherwise at their mercy...

All in all, this has been a great 5000 miles with nary a real complaint. Compared to many of the posts I've read here, I feel fortunate.
Old 04-12-2001, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry about that one Chris -- FWIW I've had at least one good experience at Rockville...
Old 04-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That's b.s. on the loaner. I have the same deal with scheduled service. When I went, they

said they were out of loaners but would rent me a car.....I said I didn't want an Enterprise POS and they gave me their turbo beetle demo. These guys sound awful. Hope you have better luck elsewhere.

Quick Reply: First scheduled service @ FSK Audi in Frederick. Not very happy. (rant)