TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

first TT with LSD (lambo style doors) in North America

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first TT with LSD (lambo style doors) in North America

well it's official, my baby will be the first TT in North America to have the TT lambo style doors.

ok so this may not appeal to everyone and I expect many to hate it, and hopefully some to love it....regardless, it's something I like and appreciate...so I guess as the saying goes: to each it's own, right...with that being said, once the hinge system comes in this beauty will be the first TT in North America to have the LSD (lamdo style doors) system. It's a bit different then the black TT everyone's seen from the UK, but it's relatively close in looks - just a much better hinge system, TUV approved and specifically designed for the TT as supposed to a universal system.

so...for those who are interested, look for it in January...for you haters out there, well, don't look for it

I know many of you will knock it, but I have to admit, I love the look and uniqueness of it on a TT - I think the doors on the TT in combination with the small window are a perfect fit. (my opinion)

after that, APR stage III+ - if the holidays don't dry me up first.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:11 AM

cool man, cant wait to see what it looks like...love your car BTW!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:14 AM

It'll be interesting, to say the least. I don't dislike the look, just its price tag. ;-)
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: It'll be interesting, to say the least. I don't dislike the look, just its price tag. ;-)

I couldn't agree with you more regarding the price, it is a bit extreme what they're asking for.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: cool man, cant wait to see what it looks like...love your car BTW!

thatnks chief - I will post some pics once it's done - hopefully by mid January, in time for the next shows.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can't see paying money to have the door open up instead of side.

I would put that money into performance...unless you don't drive your car and have your door up, who's going to know or who are you trying to impress, is my question.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: can't see paying money to have the door open up instead of side.

well, I do shows with the car, so that's one reason - the other, is because I like the look - it's not for everyone else to enjoy it or like it, it's just a personal preference/look that I personally enjoy. Again, I don't expect for anyone to like it other than myself and my wife and if she doesn't like it, well, we all know where the front door is ...I'm sure she won't like that answer.

Hope that answers yours question.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default not a fan, but I'm interested in the engineering. you will need to lengthen all the cables...

If you need some help with that, I can try to be of assistance.
you should be able to get the connectors, and make extension cables so you do not need to cut every wire.

good luck,

Oh and...TPIWWOP!
Old 12-07-2004, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: not a fan, but I'm interested in the engineering. you will need to lengthen all the cables...

yes thanks Jeff, apprecaite the assistance - might hit you up for that when the time comes...the kit does come with extenders, but I have not personally seen them for this car yet - luckly I did make extendors for the speaker wires before I did the audio system on the car, so that's one less thing to worry about.

p.s. - I have those angel eyes, can't wait to install them, figure I'll do everything at once since i have to remove the front bumper for this install and Steve's TTDA anyway.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Elder Member

CusTTom

You park in NJ, and see no reason to be able to open your doors up? ;-)

Quick Reply: first TT with LSD (lambo style doors) in North America