TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Follow up on the used shocks purchased from World Impex

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up on the used shocks purchased from World Impex

I sent the following email to John at World Impex and will be waiting for a reply:

John,

I spoke with you this afternoon about a set of used OEM Audi TT rear shocks I purchased from World Impex last month, and I had sent to my shop. You said to have him send a picture of the shocks and email it to you. Well, I spoke to Paulo Do Couto at Auto Centro (http://www.autocentroimports.com/), and he is going to ship them back to you in the original packaging - this should be better than a picture. Paulo and his father have been in business for 30 years and run a very reputable business. I trust him when he says that the shocks were sent to him used and leaking oil from World Impex.
I am an active member of Audiworld.com and communicate with a very large network of Audi owners daily. They recommended World Impex, and I'd very much like to report back to them about your business in a favorable way.

The package will be shipped this evening or early tomorrow from Auto Centro in Rockville, MD. My invoice will be included in this package, and my order information is below. Please let me know when you receive the package.

Sincerely,
Vincent Scorsone.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Impex...

has always done right by me. They sent an aftermarket (which is fine) A/C condenser for my New Beetle, didn't fit. They promptly replaced it with an OEM one, which did.

I also got a replacement turbo from them, and the shaft wouldn't turn by hand when I recieved it. They sent me another.

In both cases, they issued a UPS call tag for return shipping on the bad part.

The two problems must be viewed in relation to a much greater number of orders I've placed with them. Screwups happen, I accept that. What matters is how they're dealt with, and Impex has always done the right thing by me.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They helped me out once with a return as well, but sending used shocks isn't right by any means.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, World Impex said that all of their shocks are new...

Thanks for the info. I can understand if a something is damaged or defective, but these shocks were used, leaking and had scratch marks from use. Hey, maybe it's a screw-up and they accidentally shipped a wrong box or something. I'll post a follow up.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default IMO it was premature to issue a private e-mail to a vendor on this site...>>>

and I also think it would have been better to wait for a resolution before making known the complaint.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It wouldn't surprise me...>>

If they were in fact new....Low end shocks are manufactured and thrown in a big crate...Not individually packed, hence the scratches. Also, a shock, not in the vertical position will sometimes seep a litte oil past the seals...I recall my Bilsteins had a little seepage..
Old 03-06-2007, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default True.

Thanks for the advice. I'll think twice about doing the same in the future. I was just a little pissed that he argued with a customer before seeing the evidence.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1
Old 03-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can we see the evidence? Just curious. I know World Impex doesn't sell used parts >>

If and when they do sell used parts, it's a personal transaction between the customer and whoever @ Impex has the part in question. I work closely with Impex and John & Joey are great guys. They wouldn't intentionally rip you off.

I will say though that the OEM replacement part business isn't as easy as it seems. There's 100 different manufacturers of "OEM" parts which aren't coming from VW/Audi directly. Unlike alot of other companies, Impex is the first to disclose the origin of any part. They will usually offer 2-5 different options per part. One "genuine" and 2-4 "german aftermarket". Genuine means the part comes directly from VW/Audi and is in the OEM packaging. Anything "genuine" is the most expensive option. The german aftermarket options are less expensive.

When you called asking for OEM rear shocks for your car did they offer you options, or just the ones you got?

My assumption here is that you got the german aftermarket shocks which were bulk packed and maybe even reman.

I don't want to get in the middle of this, I have nothing to gain. Just throwing out some knowledge...

BTW my KW V3 rear shocks leak like a siv.

Evan
Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey Evan... I trusted my shop that the shocks looked used.

I saw them, and they didn't look new to me... but from what you guys are saying, maybe that's the way they're supposed to look. I don't have as much experience as all of you do.

I don't want to say anything bad about Impex if they do not deserve it. If they run a good business, like I'm hearing, I'm sure they'll make it good.

Honestly, I don't want this to be like one of those posts I've seen before on this forum, unfairly bashing a vendor.

I know it's not good practice, but If you guys agree, I will delete the post. Yes?? No??

Vince.

Quick Reply: Follow up on the used shocks purchased from World Impex