TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Friendly message to forum newcomers........

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2000, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friendly message to forum newcomers........

If you're wondering why your posts aren't getting much attention, or worse, a smart alec answer, its most likely because you're asking a question that gets asked at least once a day already. Examples of this would be any question about the Bose, automatic transmissions, and "what color should I get?" Some thoughts:

1) A wise newcomer would at least read through the past couple days of posts, and better yet, use the forum search to search the archives for posts pertaining to their own questions. If you still don't find what you're looking for, then post a new message. Maybe even indicate that you looked in the archives and didn't find an answer... people will be more likely to respond knowing you at least made an effort.

2) If you have ten questions, please post ONCE and ask all your questions in that one post. Perhaps number the questions so to get organized answers as well. Please DON'T post ten one-line questions as separate messages.

I'm sure that others can add further good advice to this thread...
Old 03-06-2000, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Friendly message to forum newcomers........

Thanks for the suggestion...I did an archive search regarding colour selection and sound system however specific discussion on the 'flatness' of aviator grey and cd changer cut out not covered...hence the 'novice' posts..perhaps I should have cut to the chase sooner....anyway I will try to be more efficient with the use of this time sink
Old 03-06-2000, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yeah, somethings just havent come up...

...and I think evan just didnt want people getting slammed by the testier among us. The page has had an awful lot of one liner questions in sequence recently.

BTW, I just figured out your posting name. LOL!

-Jeff