TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

gas guage misreading

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default gas guage misreading

Our 03's gas guage is reading 7/8 full when topped off. It does finally go to full on ride home. More importantly the low level lite is coming on at half full mark. Told wife to start measuring gas by mileage.
Is this a sender problem or cluster problem????
Temp guage is fine, loses a part line of resolution every now and then. Everything else is fine.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the low level light coming on at half mark would indicate cluster

however cleaning the PCB's isn't that difficult to rule out the sender.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 AM
Rest In Peace

Default agreed with adminisTerTurbo but would add>>>

a regiment of Techron.....it has a tendency to clean the injectors as well as the sensors....give it try for the next couple of tankfuls...

I have been running gaugless on my temp and fuel gauge now for almost 2 years...both gauges read higher then what is in the car....I have always reset my trip odo and i know the car well.....so it has been a non-issue...
Old 08-21-2008, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default From the settlement:

What does the settlement provide?

Benefits. The proposed settlement provides three forms of relief to the Settlement Class. In return for the relief described below, the Settlement Class Members release their rights to pursue any claims against Defendant and related entities relating to the facts at issue in this Lawsuit.

A. WARRANTY ON INSTRUMENT CLUSTER FOR SIX YEARS FROM IN SERVICE DATE

Defendant has agreed that, commencing on April 2, 2008, Settlement Class Members who currently own a Settlement Class Vehicle shall be covered by an express warranty on Original Equipment Manufacturer ("OEM", i.e., not after-market) instrument clusters for six years from the date the vehicle was first placed In Service, without limitation as to mileage. "In Service" means, the date a Settlement Class Vehicle is delivered to either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or if such vehicle is first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, the date such vehicle is first placed in service. You do not need to file a Claim Form to be covered by this warranty.

The typical Audi warranty is for 4-years/50,000 miles, so this express warranty significantly expands the time/mileage limitations of warranty coverage for instrument clusters. It is subject to the same terms and limitations as your New Motor Vehicle Limited Warranty, but is separate from and is given in addition to any other warranties that came with your vehicle. This six-year Instrument Cluster express warranty will hereinafter be referred to as the "Instrument Cluster Warranty."<ul><li><a href="http://www.instrumentclustersettlement.com/">settlement</a></li></ul>
Old 08-21-2008, 08:39 AM

Same here, but I can go with miles to empty reading.