TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

German TTOC meeting with Audi

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-1999, 06:51 AM
Brad Willis

Default German TTOC meeting with Audi

Perhaps this is old news, but a few days ago the German TT Owners Club participated in a meeting with representatives of Audi AG regarding this whole instability/spoiler/ESP issue. I have asked for some updates as to what's going on with this in Germany, and have received a few e-mails.

The only news that may or may not be new is that:

1. If a current TT owner wants a new TT with ESP, Audi will allow a trade-in at a special favorable price. I have no idea if this will be offered to U.S. or U.K. owners, but one would presume so, out of fairness and goodwill toward their customers, if nothing else.

2. "The spoiler will be fixed!" That's how the message came to me, and I have asked for clarification. I took that to mean that they're working on a better spoiler, but I'll let you know what I hear.

3. Owners are not obligated to get the mods.

4. You can modify your TT later, up to several years.

5. ESP cannot be retrofitted to existing TTs.

Again, this is secondhand information. I'll let you know if I come up with anything new. If Pat Kiss or any other members of the TTOC read this, I'm sure that I speak for everyone here that we would appreciate updates from you, as the German TT owners seem to get more accurate information sooner, and unfortunately, most of us don't speak German.
Old 11-03-1999, 07:18 AM
garyc

Interesting Brad. Given current TT values are above list, the "Favourable price" may be better? (nt)
Old 11-03-1999, 07:26 AM
Cliff melick

Default Re: German TTOC meeting with Audi

Brad, I think that point number two, "The spoiler will be fixed!" is probably to be read "The spoiler will be a fixed one" (as opposed to a retractable one), but we will see when you get clarification. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-03-1999, 12:19 PM
Grib

Actually, the modifications are mandatory!!! This is not an option, if you still want your warranty. All cars that will be delivered to dealers from here on will have the spoiler already installed, or the dealer will install it BEFORE the car is released to the buyer. I am assuming that the spoiler is already decided upon, and the design is final. How else could they do this.

Just trying to be helpful.
Old 11-03-1999, 02:30 PM
BrenTT

Grib, they are talking about those that already have TTs. The modifications will not be mandatory as a retrofit.

Also trying to be helpful.
Old 11-03-1999, 06:46 PM
John TT

I would agree with Cliff, otherwise they're admitting that they need to fix the fixed fix.a fix (nt)
Old 11-03-1999, 06:48 PM
John TT

sorry, I meant "fix the fixed fix" (nt)
Old 11-05-1999, 11:19 PM
cgrib

I thought they were, but I could be mistaken. Thanks for the info.