TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Got my 180QX TT home tonight, my first impressions...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-1999, 09:11 PM
Jenner

Default Got my 180QX TT home tonight, my first impressions...

WOW! What a great machine. I can't help comparing it to my A4, because for the last 10,000 miles thats what I was driving till I had the accident. I never realize just how great the difference between a sports coupe and a sports sedan there really is.

1. This car is SILKY SMOOTH, accelerating, shifting, cornering and braking(when you adjust for the awesome stopping power). It just "feels" right.
2. Handling/steering is AWESOME! So tight. I want to say perfect, but I haven't had enough time in the drivers seat of this car, or any really $$$ cars yet. Much tighter/more accurate than my '99.5 A4
3. Brakes stop you FAST! Pedal feels great like a firm wall not mushy like the A4's pedal can be. The car stops almost too fast and I'll have to get used to the change.
4. Xenons...nice white bright light, how did I live without these before? Just turning them on and watching them warm up is awesome.
5. Full leather sport seats feel GREAT!
6. Fit and finish. Superb detail everywhere. The cockpit is a work of art, but you already knew that.
7. The attention you get driving a TT(this could be good or bad). As I was driving in the city, I would see people pointing at me and I could hear people talking about my car while I was at a stoplight. And was only after 30 min of ownership! A car with 3 girls in it pulled up next to me in a parking lot and they all got out screaming and poured over my car telling me how great it was and oohhing and ahhhing over all the little details/features.

I haven't had the car long enough to say that these are set in stone, things might change with the break in process, but these are my first impressions and I think it will only get better.

I did get the car up to a decent speed on the highway, and under moderate braking I didn't feel the tail get light, but again its not like how they drive on the autobahn.

I miss having a sunroof, but its a small price to pay for everything else. The remote range also seemed to work about 10 feet further away on my A4. I am VERY VERY happy, even though the recent topics on the forum scared me a little as potential buyer. The TT is an amazing car in both the looks and handling department, lets not forget this even with all the talk of recalls and such. I plan to deal with that when the time comes IF I encounter a problem with the rear end being light(but then again it might be too late then...time will tell) Hopefully I can test drive a modified TT before decided on getting the mods(if they come to the US) put on mine.

-Jenner(Very happy with my purchase)
'00 180QX TT
Old 10-22-1999, 03:08 AM
Geza

Default Jenner, what happened??? Are you going to the NY/Metro A4 gathering in Nov.? (nt)

nt