TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Has anyone used the battery tender

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Standard equipment on Ferarri...your mileage may vary..

If I were buying new, this is the one I'd buy..

I have another Manuf. that works just fine though..<ul><li><a href="http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/Use-Charger.aspx">http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/Use-Charger.aspx</a</li></ul>
Old 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea, drive it! 8-p
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ... and ferrari is legendary for reliability, right?

but even if it was oem'd by lexus, i'd be hard-pressed to convince myself it was worth it -- there are too many pieces that remind me of the parts bins at the nearby cheapo electronics store. if its outward appearance matched the touted engineering on the inside i'd be more compelled.

ps. fwiw, the battery tender plus is oem'd by bmw.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Funny...that's exactly the feeling I have about the battery tender..>

Relatively cheap electronics with a basic 3 step algorythm..
Marketing can buy you placement anywhere

Buy what you want..I have no dog in this fight..
Old 02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm not saying the battery tender plus is exotic -- but it's under $40

if you're going to charge considerably more than what your competitors cost, your product better look the part.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I think function has more to do with it than looks...>>

but I understand your particular focus on that..

Most of the inexpensive chargers are "switching" types..<ul><li><a href="http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/Academy/Ripple.aspx">http://www.ctek.com/EN-US/Academy/Ripple.aspx</a</li></ul>
Old 02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yup, sittin on the Boxster in the garage, one month to go!
Old 02-18-2008, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got two of them. Here is why

CTEK supply battery chargers to a range of the worlds leading car manufacturers. At first sight, one may wonder what the reasons may be? Their specific needs also enhance trends towards a broader need and dependence to battery charging, care and maintenance of batteries today.

High performance and prestige cars are very well equipped with electronic (for performance, driver information and comfort) and alarm systems. These systems are very demanding on the vehicles batteries.
Sports cars do not tend to be used the distances or with the frequency necessary to allow sufficient recharging of the car's battery.
However, the cars are delivered for high performance and reliance to a very demanding audience
While high performance batteries have made major developments, they also demand maintenance.
Therefore, there is a clear relation between, high performance cars and battery care. But also, sophisticated cars are expensive and they naturally need battery chargers that can live up to their standards and guarantee being compatible with their systems.
Therefore these manufacturers have constantly searched for adequate solutions to reliable battery charging systems guaranteeing the continuity of their hard earned brand reputation.

In 2002, shortly after having launched their first battery chargers to the market, German manufacturer, Porsche, now showed interest for CTEK's new battery chargers. A year later, the first battery chargers were delivered. After an in-depth worldwide research of alternative suppliers, Mercedes named CTEK as their official partner of record. Since then, Maybach, Harley Davidson (Scandinavia), Aston Martin and Bentley also decided to use CTEK battery chargers under their own brand name.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I use the battery minder

The TT stays on it throughout winter, and I still have the original battery. Seems to do what it's supposed to I guess.