TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Have any good parking horror stories?...my first full launch in reverse!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have any good parking horror stories?...my first full launch in reverse!

I'm having doubts about the strategy of parking away from other cars. I pull into the local mart at the empty end of the lot. Before I'm unbelted and shut down, the dreaded little old lady in an Accord drives the wrong way down the lane, does an acute turn and pulls up on my passenger side. Close.
There are at least 50 empty spaces around me.
She is so close it would have been impossible for her to get out without bracing her door against mine...as her door opens I check my mirror, lay on the horn to keep her from scraping the side as I shoot straight back. I honestly think she thought she was parking next to a grey boulder or a large, shiny, moldy potato. I went and found an M3 to park next to.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh I can't STAND people who drive the wrong way down a parking lane!

that so bugs the sh*t out of me!!! Helloooooo there are arrows showing you the right direction!! (not to mention the angle of the spaces)
Old 07-17-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Or across the lanes through the empty spaces. I wish I could lay down spike strips...

...no doubt the same shoppers that leave their carts at the tightest constriction in every aisle inside the mart. (Nice update from the ol' Bob ZGTT sig, BTW
Old 07-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Default I got a UPS and FedEx driver that miss me by inches every day

I get the sweet detached parking slot, but the FedEx and UPS guys pull in and back/turn right past me every day. I have to admire the skill on some of these drivers and I pity those that get in their way.
Old 07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had a mover pull a mobile home within 1/2 inch of my car

They didn't inform me they were going to be pulling up this far... cause the trailer they were moving is down on the other end of the street. I heard a bunch of yelling and loud noises and rumbling though so I went and opened my front door to see this damned mobile home right on my cars ***... Literally 1/2 inch or maybe less from riping off the back end!!!!

*******s could have knocked on my door and asked me to move my car... I could have pulled it up in the yard until they were finished because they HAVE hit cars and even other houses before.

Grrrrrr
Old 07-17-2004, 12:15 PM

Default CONED! (longish)...

...I was in an awkward spot at the video store near a Camry with it's engine running, I figured it was about to leave. Had my wife double-check my backing up given the blind spot, no worries. Camry follows me out. Camry follows me 5 miles. I park at a mart, Camry continues down a side street, then as I go into the mart, I see it coming back. I shoulda suspected something, when I got done shopping, Vanilla Ice Cream cone stuck in my door handle. I GOT CONED!
I figure when I backed up at the vid store, the f*wit had his hands full with the damn cone, couldn't honk as we left simultaneously, and dropped it in his lap!
Hehe, mine cleaned up easily with the water I carry in the trunk
Old 07-17-2004, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ROFL!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:49 PM

Default This may be hard to describe but it made me mad, alright!

Well I was making a left hand turn into the parking lot of a store near my house from a smaller road that runs along side the shopping complex. I was at a complete stop in the turn lane waiting to go because there was a pretty long line of cars making a right turn into the same driveway from the other lane. Naturally, they had the right of way. Except to this one lady who was trying to exit the store perpendicular to our traffic. It just so happened that her lane was running right into my lane. This wouldn't be a problem if we were BOTH at a complete stop, as it should have been. But we weren't because she was rolling slowly towards my car with her horn blaring. She finally SLAMS her brakes when she is about a foot or so away from me, probably jettisoning a few of her kids out of their seats. And the whole time I am just giving her a look of disbelief. Lucky for me a road rage school drop-out was behind me, and he got out of his car to give her a good screaming. And thus concludes the stupidest encounter Adam has experienced in a "parking lot."
Old 07-17-2004, 01:20 PM

"Look of disbelief"...perfect, that's my default. The road rage monkey stays in the trunk.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Have any good parking horror stories?...my first full launch in reverse!

I think I have one of the worst ever. Many years ago took my daughter to San Diego Zoo. Had new Benz sedan in flaming bright red - I'm a freak about parking lot dings and always drive around looking for the end spot, etc. Found a good spot and off to the zoo - return 5 hrs. later and discover I've parked beneath a light standard that serves as rest station for every ^@#!%$ seagull w/i 50 mi. The red car is literally 3/4 white. People are pointing and cracking up all the way back up the fwy to home. Despite frantic washing in the dark back home & polishing, paint seriously etched in several spots.

Quick Reply: Have any good parking horror stories?...my first full launch in reverse!