TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Having 2 TTs puts me in a unique position...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2000, 06:18 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Brad, could you please give us more information..

The 225 engine feels a lot more powerful. There is a little bit more lag than with the 180, but not much. When that big turbo kicks in, you really know it. That's the biggest difference, a lot more power and a big rush of accelleration. There is a turbo whistle, but it
s fairly subdued. The 225s exhaust note is way cool too. Sounds mean and fast.
Old 04-03-2000, 06:19 AM

No, it does not have ESP.
Old 04-03-2000, 06:21 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Missed you around here. Don't forget my Tortola update!
Old 04-03-2000, 06:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about your observations on ride quality? Does that suffer?
Old 04-03-2000, 06:26 AM

Default Re: What about your observations on ride quality? Does that suffer?

No.
Old 04-03-2000, 06:29 AM

Default P.S.

I wrote a pretty comprehensive review complete with something like 20 photos, and I sent it to Matt Harnish and Drew at autobahnforums.org. They had been asking me for content, so I gave them some. So far, I haven't heard back from them, maybe they were gone this weekend or something. Anyway, I'm assuming that the review will be up soon.
Old 04-03-2000, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for offering to "avenge" us poor slow 180's but I can do just fine in my "tuned" TT

I'd even be willing to put it up against your 225Q. Would be an interesting match, you've got a little more horsepower, but 83 ft/lbs less torque(207 vs. 290), and I believe(but not 100% sure) you might be heavier too. If your Gray Avenger is ever on the East Coast, lets have a race! We'll see if the stock 225Q TTR is faster than a 180Q TT with Garrett Stage 2, Borla, and H&R Springs!

BTW I am eager to know your feelings about the haldex once you've had ample time to get used to the new car. Before you were VERY pro FWD, and talked about how it was obviously faster(hp into only two wheels and no haldex weight, plus smaller gas tank) and how it handled just as well. What do you think now driving one everyday? Changed your mind?

Oh, and just to clairify, a week or so ago, I meant no hostility in my posting. You took it the wrong way. I thought the lemon law thing was over and you were psyched about getting a new car...problem solved. I just hope that this one treats you better and you can enjoy it to it's fullest without problems. No hard feelings.

If the gearbox starts griding again, I guess we know its the driver!(That was a joke please take it like that, in good fun!)

Enjoy the new ride and have fun smoking the Boxsters and Mustang on the West Coast. I'll be doing the same on the East!

-Jenner
'00 180QX TT Garrett Stage II, Borla, H&R Sport Springs, LLTEK tail light covers, LLTEK floor mats, tint, V1, stereo etc.
Old 04-03-2000, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default GREAT TIME...got a speeding ticket (63 in a 50) last night drivimg TT for the first time in a week..

I guess driving a Suzuki Sidekick at under 30 mph all week was part of the reason but the cop was a real no personality man (if you saw The Green Mile he looked just like the big black man except uglier- and that big to). I was driving on a divided road with no side streets for a ½ mile and so the ticket was bogus in my book. I tried to explain that I'd been driving slow all week etc and that I was late to pick up my girl friend as evidenced by my wet hair but to no avail. I can't do 'court supervision' because I received an 'improper lane usage' ticket in September so the whole deal really clocks nine. Anyway you'll have that. As to Tortola the surf was up, way up. The rollers coming in at Long Beach were huge and the body surfing was aces up, they told me they rarely see waves that big. There where at least 20 surfers off the Bomba Surf Shack all week from sun up to sun down, and some were really stoking. People were coming in on boats and anchoring, then jumping on their boards to surf. The outline of the daily schedule was as I wrote it before and in spite of that I did almost finish one book. A fine time I say, a very fine time.
Old 04-03-2000, 08:35 AM

Default I was out of town...

Look for Brad's full review and pictures by midnight tonight! (nice review and pics Brad)

I'll try to post a direct link to the review from this forum sometime tomorrow morning. In the meantime, if anyone wants to see the stuff already there, check our main link.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autobahnforums.org">AutobahnForums</a></li></ul>
Old 04-03-2000, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Thanks for offering to "avenge" us poor slow 180's but I can do just fine in my "tuned" TT

Thanks for the clarification on your comments, I do appreciate it. I try hard to post timely info that's of interest to all, and then I get flamed for my efforts. Then, folks act as I'm some wacko or something. It gets really annoying after awhile.

I've liked the Quattro all along. It's just that I think that a 180Q is not very quick. However, performance modifications can obviously change that.

I'd love to go head-to-head with a modified 180Q. Sounds like you're too far away though. I wonder what a chip could do for my engine? Hmmm...

Quick Reply: Having 2 TTs puts me in a unique position...