TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Headunit questions in TT Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2001, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headunit questions in TT Roadster

Does anyone know if I can take out the standard headunit on a TT Roadster and replace it with an aftermarket headunit? The thing is, the standard headunit looks to be much bigger than most aftermarket units. Is there some sort of adaptor that can be bought to make another one fit?

Also, will I be able to use my aftermarket headunit and changer with the BOSE sound system that I have installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

/james
Old 02-01-2001, 03:01 AM

Default To answer some of your questions...

You can change your Concert head unit with an aftermarket one, you 'll just have to get two plastic covers (fascia panels) that will bolt on each side (left and right) of the head unit shelf. Take a look at the link below, just to see how they look like (those for Audi A3). You can get them from your Audi dealer.

I have no idea whether the Concert unit has different adaptors than the rest of the after-market head units.

I know for sure though that no other car audio manufacturer provides an interface for the secondary display Audis have in the instrument panel. I chose a Kenwood CD receiver that has this feature (external dislay ready), only to find out later that such an interface exists only for Opel/Vauxhall cars. :-(<ul><li><a href="http://www.edworthys.co.uk/products_start_audio.html">http://www.edworthys.co.uk/products_start_audio.html</a</li></ul>
Old 02-01-2001, 03:04 AM

Forgot to mention: At the above link, click on "Audio Accessories"...