TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Help! need your wisdom! (long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2000, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! need your wisdom! (long)

I currently have a deposit down for a 225TTC with a dealer in NC for delivery in September. I asked about the TTR and said the earliest would be December. I didn't speak with him about the deposit being refundable because i was sure i wanted the Coupe. (he is placing the order next week).
But, i just saw the roadster in person and it is beautiful! So i called around the area and found a dealer in SC who will be able to get me a TTR225 for September.
I feel horrible about cancelling the TTC. The dealer was very friendly and was patient with me. I don't want any trouble regarding the deposit. Should I tell him if he can bump me up on the TTR list (which wouldn't be fair) or else I would have to cancel my order with him? Thanks for your help in advance
edwin
Old 05-09-2000, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dealer in my area says refundable......

But I can't say much about the dealer your working with(besides not knowing which one it is).

Justt call him and say your going to go buy a 0002S adnoH and want the deposit back. Or you can tell him that you found somewhere that can get me the R in Sept and see what he says.

Dealers don't have a good sence of time when it comes to delievry time and the both dealer will most likely not get the car to you in time.

Mine came 4 weeks late, but worth the wait<p>JasonC
89 200
00 TTq
Redmond, WA
Old 05-09-2000, 09:46 AM

Default Everything is negotiable (also long)

Ordered 180QC in October for April 2000 delivery. Didn't want to do NY winter on new car, and son's tuition payments ended early 2000. Ordered "Rubber" interior. At time of build, evidently Audi wasn't doing this fabric, so car wasn't built! Dealer withheld this info until delivery was due( 3 months later). We were told car was in transit, in port, etc., but never got a VIN, or a straight answer.

When push came to shove, we decided leather was ok, and said get a car. Only recourse dealer said he had was to trade. He found Brilliant black TTQ (with everthing wanted), but had to trade a roadster for it!

Sorta made up for their lying about the car.

I'm pretty sure that had we cancelled the order, deposit would be returned, and dealer would have no trouble selling/trading "our" car.

By the way, we chose this dealer over one closer because he was able to get a black GTI GLX for son last fall within 5 days. Nearby dealer couldn't/wouldn't in 5 weeks even with deposit and assurance of buying the TT from him. Both GTI & TT purchased @ MSRP. That's $60K worth of cars one dealer passed up. Maybe that's why the rumor is that dealership is for sale.
Old 05-09-2000, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Help! need your wisdom! (long)

I had a deposit up with 3 dealers (2 in TX and 1 in GA) and told them I would go with the first one who could deliver what I wanted. Got my car in 3 weeks...plus the deposits returned from the other 2 dealers...all with a smile.