TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Hey, anyone on here from the Scottsdale area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey, anyone on here from the Scottsdale area?

I'm probably heading down there shortly for a Lamborghini warranty repair.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:28 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No, but I've been there often.

Do you need some restaurant ideas? Of course, you should bring your clubs because Scottsdale has some of the best courses anywhere.

There is an Arizona TT Owners club -- I think they have a Yahoo club like ours.

Have a great time and don't miss Z Tejas!!
Old 03-13-2001, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Resturant ideas would be cool....

And, about the clubs.....I've been told that I have an obsessive personality at times, so I've never taken the sport up. This is probably a good thing.

I'll check into the Yahoo club though, thanks.

We gonna crash the chat tonight for a bit?
Old 03-13-2001, 10:17 AM

Default Jason, my li'l brother (also named Jason) works as a hotel front desk mgr in Scottsdale...

If you are interested, I'll give you his number and he can probably help you out.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:23 AM

Default The (Old Tortilla) Factory is primo, man....middle of Scottsdale..lots of other good rests, there...

Tortilla Factory is a very cool place....lotsa margueritas, mexican beers, beautiful senioritas, nice cars and fun oh, and food, too.

Reservations, or a long, drinking wait. (If good weather, sit outside.)

Mid-price range for good dinner fare.

Lots of others in town center area....and stroll the art galleries...some really interesting SW art. :-)
Old 03-13-2001, 10:24 AM

Scottsdale Arizona, home of the G-wagen.. nice but I like the Unimog more
Old 03-13-2001, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

P.F. Changs - Scottsdale Fashion Center mall - great atmosphere gorgeous women !!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 12:21 PM
Elder Member

Default Chat, yes. Restaurants....

I already mentioned Z Tejas. It's in the Scottsdale Fashion Plaza (fancy mall). It is located in an external wing and is just great. Since I was there last they've expanded to other cities. They have a website now as well. If you go, you MUST order the Voo Doo Tuna.

If you like Thai, there's a good place on Main street called Mailee's on Main. Surrounded by shops and artistic types. Cool place.

There are a couple good bars in the Scottsdale Princess and the Hyatt Regency too.
Old 03-13-2001, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "A" Definitive restaurant list: Go to any and all of these! (lots more)

Jason,
I spent 6 years in PHX and recently moved to LA. As I own a TT, you know I have good taste, what you may not know is that I enjoy restaurants almost as much as my car. Here is a list of my favorites.

1. Los Dos Molinos (south of Baseline Rd on Central) Absolutely phenomenal Southestern cuisine; voted #1 mexican restaurant in the US by the Food Network and many others including the local rag - The New Times. Packed always so get there early and drink lots of marg's.

2. Richardson's (16th St. and Bethany Home Rd) Again, a SW style restuarant. This one involves more of a Sante Fe style and is well known for the fact that it only seats about 60 people; the bar is great! Get the rellenos!

3. Malee's on Main - This Gourmet Thai restaurant is right in the middle of Old Town Scottsdale and is on Main Street. Having seen some of your drinking pic's from the past, you should start in the restaurant and finish in the bar, the food is so good it will knock you out even without drinks!

4. Kyoto Sushi Restaurant (middle of Scottsdale in Old Town) This restaurant fits you to a TT. Forget about the fact that it is Sushi - theyu have a great Chinese menu too... Here, is where a huge number of phenomenal sights (read girls) gather nightly to regale you with their lack of manners and sometimes even clothes! Beleive me, this place is extremely popolar and the food is great - the main attraction though is the scenery. Go!!!

5. Oregano's Scottsdale and Tempe - This is a Pizzeria that was founded in Tempe and has grown a great deal on the sheer fact that the ASU crowd loves to congregate here. Food is excellent - get the scilcilian style pizza and muchos cervezas - you'll like this one.

6. Los Betos - a drive in TAco Shack that is open 24 hrs for folks who get the munchies at 1:15 am after the bars close. There is one on Hayden at McDonald if you are in the area.

That is the list. Let me know if you need more info. I can help you with bars too, but I am sure you can find those on your own! Enjoy!

Glen
Old 03-14-2001, 04:27 AM

Default Believe audi4t. Definitely the case when I was there.

That was before I was married (or even dating Alex), so nobody say I was straying! ;-)