TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Honda S2000 coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-1999, 02:46 PM
Friendly Competition

Default Honda S2000 coming soon

Honda S2000 coming soon. 240 horsepower 2.0 liter (no turbo). Will kick your ***...<br>See ya on the road...or I should say...you'll see my tail lights on the road..... <p><p>
Old 06-16-1999, 03:09 PM
Mr TT

Default Re: Honda S2000 coming soon

Only on a straight line will I see you lights, and that<br>is only maybe. I will take your Honda in any corner<br>on any day. Especially a raining day!<p>BTW I do not have a TT yet, and you do not have your<br>Honda yet. I guess we can only race in our minds. And <br>I must say my thoughts are more clear....
Old 06-16-1999, 03:22 PM
Todd Templeton

Tell us what that big torque rating is for that S2000? It seems to be a big secret, and I think I know why!
Old 06-16-1999, 03:33 PM
Gong Szeto

Default S2000 *really* close, but no cigar

the S2000 is indeed a hot piece of automotive engineering and styling. i think the japanese are starting to really think about these performance pocket-rockets again, which is a good thing. though i've never really been a *huge* fan of the 240Z, 300Z, RX-7, MX-5, Miata, Supra, etc - i do believe they were awesome machines in their time.<p>what the japanese are doing with updating the new 240Z, the RX-8 (or RX-01), and this new S2000 is a breath of fresh air in what seemed to be a yawner of the last half decade.<p>may we race plenty in the months to come!<p>gs.<p>ps - however (and now i'll wave my TT flag in the air), the TT will be better engineered overall, riskier (sic ballsier styling-wise) and will never sound "whiny" like hyper torqued japanese engines often do. how audi got the TT to sound like it had 4 more cylinders than it actually does is beyond me. the TT has an inimitable depth to it, and is already considered a classic. love it.
Old 06-16-1999, 03:44 PM
Friendly Competition

Ya, you are right amigo. Only 175 lbs. @ 6200 rpm. Still 245 is 245 ponies.<br>Motor Trend states comparison in Torque to power ratio similiar to that of a Ferrari F355 V8. Gee..sounds wimpy<br>Check out Feb. Motor Trend on line. Or the hard copy back issue. I think they say something like the most incredible car they have ever tested in this class. Smokes the Boxter and I guess that means it will smoke the TT, even in its 225 package.<p>And I promise you will see my tail lights. Not worried about a little rain. I'll just keep the top up !!!<br>And at about $38,000 loaded in it's Roadster version, it smokes anything in it's class which means you.....<p>Love Mr. Friendly....
Old 06-16-1999, 03:54 PM
Mr TT

your dream will come true.. oh then you wake up right <br>after i pass you in the corners and you find yourself dazed<br>and confused looking at my tail lights! I do not think your<br>car will be able to come out and play when it gets wet.<br>but i will still be buzzing along.<p>I love this friendly battle of two people with out there cars!<p>I bet my dad could...
John

Default If only it looked interesting!

It looks awful.<br>
Friendly Competition

Default Re: S2000 *really* close, but no cigar

Gong,<p>I agree about the many happy months of racing ahead. I think there will be some serious competition in the months to come. And for what it's worth Audi has done a nice job with the TT.<p>-Peace
Old 06-16-1999, 04:29 PM
Brad Willis

Default I've seen the S2000 in person and here's my take...

I have closely examined and photographed the S2000 at the L.A. Auto Show. This is a very interesting automobile, but not in the league of the TT. The car looks cheaply made to me, especially the interior. No disrespecct intended. The TT has a class and character that Honda can only dream of. I much prefer the TT's styling, which I think is a work of art. The S2000 is certainly quicker than a 180 hp FWD TT, not necessarily off of the line, but certainly wins a 0-60 sprint. Who knows if it's quicker than a 225? Who cares?<p>Even if I do see an S2000's brake lights, I'll still have a great big smile on my face knowing that I'm driving one of the most unique vehicles of the past quarter century.
Old 06-16-1999, 05:29 PM
Friendly

Default Re: I've seen the S2000 in person and here's my take...

I am just shaking things up a little. I love cars and I agree that the TT is a very nice automobile. This is a great time in auto history. And the true auto enthusiast will appreciate that. It's just that what I have read about this car is that they call the styling superb, but the performance is so so. I believe the S2000 is the true all around package for the price..<p>-F<br>

Quick Reply: Honda S2000 coming soon