TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

How does it feel do be driving a $32K rebodied Golf/Jetta/New Beetle??? (nt)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 02:52 PM
JMaTT

Default Go get 'em Denny! (nt)

nt
Old 09-16-1999, 02:55 PM
Larry

Default Denny, wouldn't it have felt better...........

If you bought the Turbo Beetle and kept the extra $12K-$15K. If not you're a freakin idiot like JMatt and the rest of them.
Old 09-16-1999, 02:55 PM
Michael

Default TT was designed by the same shop as the New Beetle

and I've heard that the same man was responsible for the original concept of both cars, and he happened to live in California (American vision, German engineering I guess). So be it. But after driving an M and just looking at the TT, I can tell you frankly, that BMW is going to have to get of their proverbial laurels and attempt to do some design work before they'll get my 40k.

Old 09-16-1999, 02:57 PM
Denny

It's a question of style, darlin'. A concept that seems to elude your grasp. (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 03:01 PM
Larry

Default But, you're still denying the fact that............

the TT has the underpinnings of the New Beetle. Put a new body, I'll bet an uglier body, and selling it for 15K more! What's up with that?
Even the roadster is freaking ugly. And since the Beetle came before the TT, then it's just a copy!!
Old 09-16-1999, 03:02 PM
rquindip

Default The Audi TT is great inside and out.

The M Coupe is a great car performance wise, but it looks like a half cut boot and the interior of a 320i from 1984, talk about rehashed. The Audi TT exterior and interior on the other hand is on a different league. Park your M Coupe beside a TT and see which car gets the ooohs, and awwws, and the crowd. Don't get me wrong Larry, I am a big fan of BMW and the M Coupe and Z3, it is just that the Audi TT has a unified VISION through out the car that is hard to match for the price. You see it as an overpriced Beetle, the rest of us see it as an affordable and unique sports car.
Old 09-16-1999, 03:03 PM
Larry

My answer to that is my answer to JMatt(see below) (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 03:06 PM
Larry

Default Thanks, rquindip. At least now, I have a firmer grasp of what the mentality of TT drivers now.......

Hope I can control my laugh when I pass by them!
Old 09-16-1999, 03:06 PM
Denny

You just replie to your message, Brain Trust -- over and out (nt)
Old 09-16-1999, 03:07 PM
Larry

Where'd you learn to spell Mental Midget?? Ten-four good buddy (nt)

Quick Reply: How does it feel do be driving a $32K rebodied Golf/Jetta/New Beetle??? (nt)