TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

How functional are the TT's rear seat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-1999, 02:29 PM
NAM

Default How functional are the TT's rear seat?

I am having a difficult time trying to decide between the new S4 and the TT Quattro. One of the problems I have with the TT, is the functionality of the rear seat. I have a family of four (two kids 2 ½ and 3 months) and, on occasion, I would prefer to take a long trip in the TT (or S4) apposed the SUV. What is the point of buying a sports car if one never gets the opportunity to take it on a long trip?

My current preference is the TT but if the rear seat arrangement is too constricted, it leaves me with not much of a choice.
Old 12-30-1999, 04:26 PM
Marcus

My fits my gym bag comfortably...as for a human, not to roomy
Old 12-30-1999, 04:46 PM
AkRascal

My Scotty loves it... altho he prefers the heated passenger's seat...
Old 12-30-1999, 04:51 PM
Ian B

Fits my 2 yr. old and his child seat just fine
Old 12-30-1999, 05:09 PM
RolS

Too small for my 3yo nephew and 6 yo niece
Old 12-30-1999, 05:30 PM
LarryTT

Default My 6yo niece LOVES my TTQ back seat!

I have my niece in the car dozens of times! She likes the back seat just as much as the front. The only thing is, you need to pull the front seats up to make sure that she has leg room!

Nam, you need to bring the ENTIRE family into the showroom along with the car seat and make sure that the dealer lets you try out the kids in the back seat! If you are not comfortable with them back there, then your decision will be pretty easy!

Personally I would get the S4 for a family car and not the TT. Please DON'T everyone yell at me for that . . .I am being practical! I would also get the TTQ for drives with my wife without the kids!

Larry
180TTQ
Old 12-30-1999, 06:48 PM
Chris Mattimiro

It depends more on how tall YOU are, and how far you can move your seat forward
Old 12-30-1999, 08:07 PM
Joe

Default I doubt you'll fit both kids, although one small person can fit for short trips (more)

I have carried (somewhat petite) female friends back there for short trips, when I needed three-person capacity.

And I once had to stuff my sister (5'11"!) back there for two hours when she and my Dad came down with me to drive my other car upstate. She was sitting sideways (maybe that's obvious), and wasn't my biggest fan for the afternoon, but the utility is there.

The S4 is probably the more practical choice for you, though...
Old 12-30-1999, 10:33 PM
SAF

Default Must be big kids, because (go ahead and click here)

my 6 and 8 year olds take turns (odd and even days...to prevent a war) switching who gets the front. With seat forward about 5 inches (or all the way), either one fits behind it fine!
Old 12-31-1999, 02:15 AM
c3po

Default At those ages you can stuff'em easily in the glovebox (more)

Seriously, the TT is not a people mover. If storage space for the rug-rats is key to your decision on choice of car look to something bigger. My 3 teenage sons have the choice - catch a bus or ride to school in the TT! No prizes for guessing which is the prefered

Quick Reply: How functional are the TT's rear seat?