TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I almost had to call Mr. Flatbed last night >>>

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I almost had to call Mr. Flatbed last night >>>

So I'm driving home from work last night, I just finished passing another car and all of a sudden there was a loud BOOM which scared the crap out of me. The car then starts surging, sputtering, cutting out and felt like it was going to die (no cel or other lights were on). I get over to the shoulder and drive the few hundred feet to the exit ramp, turn the car off, and take a look at whatever is visible in the dark with a flashlight. I don't see anything wrong, no hoses off or anything leaking, so I pull out prodiag to scan it and there were no codes. At that point I figured it's one the boost lines running to the pancake pipe, although the last time that hose came off the car ran ok, there was just no boost. Either way there was no way to check it but the car still wasn't drivable. So since we all know that the answer is always MAF, I unplugged it, figuring the ecu was getting confused by what the maf was reading and what was actually getting to the engine. Tried starting it again and it worked fine, granted I still had a boost leak, but I didn't need to tow the car. So I got it all the way home with no futher incidents, had a beer and laughed at the whole thing (Feel free to laugh too.). The best part is the fact that I have a box of t-bolt clamps waiting to go on but haven't had a chance to do it.

Evan
2002 180QC 1.8NA+noisemaker