TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I have GIAC, it's miserable>> just a thought Dahlback vs. Revo?? Lots O' Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I have GIAC, it's miserable>> just a thought Dahlback vs. Revo?? Lots O' Questions!

To open, I apologize - I know we all really hate the chip comparison question...

The REVO SPS 3 controller seems useful to me. Also I can run all my Modshack stuff still (BAMM, BM).

The Dahlback seems like the right decision. As if it will program my car right to begin with... However will it just adapt to temperature changes?

Has anyone ever had their cars custom tuned? Is that kind of a big turbo only thing?

So with Revo you adjust yourself for winter/summer/fuel & the Dahlback adapts timing on it's own? Also I know for Japanese car's software is specific to what mods are on the vehicle. Revo sells a software suite they call Stage II on their site for every car but ours.

I just want to get the most out of my car on my second software choice. Also and probably more importantly, I want my car to run right (at least most of the time) . BTW I would describe my driving style as aggressive -TIA
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have GIAC, I run all the Shack Stage 3 gear - what's the issue?

This is my 2nd TT - both have been GIAC-ed and I've had a combined 200k chipped without any real drama... Hans also runs GIAC IIRC and it's the quickest and most responsive TT I've ever been in - of the non big turbo kitted ones....

That said, IF I get the A3 I am eyeing, I'm giving REVO a whirl this go around just from word of mouth....

Check your MAF, make sure you're running the 4bar and take the creep close to zero....
Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The edgier you get...>>

The more potential things you'll need to deal with..
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Doesn't Hans have a custom tune?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

he might whistle one but to my knowledge, no.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

plain jane apr for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default custom tunes for a price...but mostly reserved for BT...

although you can simply advance timing to squeeze a little more out of the KO4.

i'm sure the D-chip doesn't adjust for summer/winter...although i've never had any issues in the NE weather, being so extreme from hot to cold. i did have issues with the BM combined with the D-chip...so maybe the chip did make adjustments. i had to constantly chase the BM up or down depending upon humidity, cold, and warm temps...so much in fact, i just yanked it out and put in what Hans recommended...the N75 valve. i'm much of a tinkerer, so that suited my needs...never having to make anymore adjustments.

and seeing that you are an aggressive driver, with the D-chip, you need to keep RPMs above 3,100 rpms or so, to get anything out of the motor...and never really runs out of HP at redline...seems to want to go past that.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my SPS3 for over two years and I've used it only about three times.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i got rid of my GIAC
Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

wanna sell me it?

Quick Reply: I have GIAC, it's miserable>> just a thought Dahlback vs. Revo?? Lots O' Questions!