TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I inspected a TT yesterday...wonderful!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-1999, 07:44 AM
JonathanD

Default I inspected a TT yesterday...wonderful!!!

I got the chance to inspect a denim blue TT yesterday at my local dealer here in Atlanta. It is a press car and is only here for a few days. They did say that thier cars were at the port and would be here in about a week. Anyway, the most amazing thing that stood out was the amazing fit and finish and the overall build quality. The materials were all top notch. They did so many things that they didn't have to. The material between the rear seats, where they split to fold down, is suede! Why? Why not? The CD changer cartridge is in the rear where the driver-side rear passenger arm rest would be. On the other side is a first aid kit. To keep these two things out of the trunk is a small, but very smart thing. And the trunk, it's bigger than that of two earlier Audi's I've owned, a 1988 90Q and a 1990 Coupe Quattro. The trunk is, for this kind of car, huge. It had the 17" wheels, which is a good thing. I saw a TT in Vienna in February that had the 16" wheels and I can say that they are a little funny looking, just too small. Anyway, to no ones surprise I'm sure, the car is exaclty what we've all hoped it to be. My buddies at the dealer say that it is amazing to drive (like the rest of the test world has always said). All of the sales people were flown down to Daytona and got to test drive the TT on a road course. They were very impressed. As was I. So that's it, I'm jealous of all who on the list to get one, you're (as you expected) going to love it!!<p>JonathanD
Old 04-27-1999, 08:43 AM
JS

Default Re: I inspected a TT yesterday...wonderful!!!

How is the blue interior?
Old 04-27-1999, 10:03 AM
JonathanD

I really liked it. It has blue leather too. It isn't like any other blue I've seen. It's not as dark as the A4 blue, but it's not light like the Cirrus blue that used to come on BMWs. It's a good one. I think it would be my second choice after the black they are going to have. I saw one in Bratislava (Slovakia) in February. Silver is good but will be by far the most common color. The black is a metallic that is almost a very dark gray. (like the black that many Mercedes came in several years ago). Anyway, the blue is great, inside and out.<p>JonathanD
Old 04-27-1999, 02:05 PM
Jeff Sessler

Did you see any with the grey interior? I ordered my blue tt with grey and i hope it looks good
Old 04-27-1999, 08:46 PM
RB

I saw the gray interior and I didn't like it. I recommend you pick all black, it just looks better.
Old 04-27-1999, 10:42 PM
Lars Schandorff

Default The factory black TT is not metallic... nt.

nt