TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I just spoke to someone at APR (Call 334-502-5181 for your own version)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Again.... WTF is this CFO doing? Isn't he supposed to run the business.

This kind of comment is just ridiculous. Do you think you have any idea what is going on here on a day to day basis because of some posts on an website. This is when the forums really kill me. Most likely half (maybe 90%) of what people say on here they would never actually say to someone because of how ridiculous it is. I can't tell you how many people I meet at a show and find out their screen name than think, "wow, they're acutally a really nice guy, couldn't tell it from his posts." But, on here, people get to hide behind the computer and throw their comments at situations they have no idea about.

Yeah, it's that simple, if the CFO would only do his job the engineers could do theirs. For one, I'm not an engineer. The engineers aren't making excuses, they're just working. Two, go start a business that grows by a factor of ten over the first 3+ years and do it with no growth problems, no learning curve of how things work BEST, no imperfections, no delays in development, no unfulfilled promises, etc. Then come back and tell me how YOU did it, and we'll be happy to model ourselves after you. I'm NOT excusing that we haven't done 93 octane yet, I'm just getting tired of people explaining to us (who work here everyday for many many hours) how we should do something and acting like it's so simple and we're all just missing the obvious. Like someone said below "not enough time, hire more people". That's brilliant. We're such idiots here, we should have just thought of that. Wait...we did hire more people, but that darn good-for-nothing CFO insisted we actually pay them.

I hope everyone isn't taking this personally. It's only directed at those who go beyond voicing their unhappiness or opinion and start telling us
how simple it is to run a business. This also has nothing to do with the fact that we were wrong (as it turns out) to promise the 93 until it was actually on the dyno being done. I have long since acknowledged that it was a bad move and we're going to do something about that.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Listen, all I am saying is that is can be done, and you are relating unrelated problems...

And don't make promises you can't keep then! All you were trying to do is keep people from going with other tuners based upon your lies of immediately available future upgrades.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:37 PM

Default I understand. But maybe it would be a good idea if you guys are financially strapped to do some

higher margin items. Outsource development, etc. That is why I criticized your execs. They aren't doing their jobs if the busines doesn't grow smoothly.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ND4SPD - You have obviously never been involved in a company from a startup perspective...

and endured growing pains associated with trying to build a successful company. They are trying their best - as he stated several times. Give them a break and the upgrade will be released!
Old 08-11-2002, 06:58 AM

Default Hey, I am a financial analyst, and I know the facts. I am not trying to bust their *****,

just trying to tell them that it is far from impossible to have smooth growth if done right.