TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I might have found a 180q Green or Brilliant black at a dealership. Any opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-1999, 05:23 PM
Rick (Toronto)

Default I might have found a 180q Green or Brilliant black at a dealership. Any opinions?

Hi everyone.<p>I'm learning a lot on this forum, and you've helped me catch the TT virus. From what everyone is describing, this car is truly amazing. (I'll pretend I dont know what the word tranny means, though)<p>I am moving to the US soon and have been calling around for TT availability. I found a dealer that told me he has a Green TT 180q in his alotment for September, and a Brilliant Black TT 180q for a month or two later.<p>I'm very very very tempted, but I havent seen a TT in person yet. What do all the TT gurus out here think?<p>Or...should I put a deposit in on a 225q, and get to pick out exactly the features I want? (The TTs the dealer is getting are fully loaded, but I really did not want the $1200 audio option)<p>Thanks for any replies.<br>Rick<br>300zx driver now, but..<br>
Old 08-14-1999, 09:48 PM
Ken Broadbent

Default Re: I might have found a 180q Green or Brilliant black at a dealership. Any opinions?

Well, I'd take the green one, especially if it has a grey interior. I think the brilliant black fails to show off the lines of the car. I am very interested in the pearl raven black and think it might be great. I almost ordered it and still think daily that I might ought to change to it, but no one seems to have seen it and I chickened out. Brad posted a couple of nice desert green photos a while back that you can find in the archives under "green tt".<br>I wrestled with the 180Q now versus 225Q later thing too, and finally ordered the 180Q (blue with grey interior) for November delivery, while also placing a second deposit on a 225 roadster for the future. I will probably convert that deposit over to the 225 coupe though, because I do have young chikdren and I realistically will be a little lonely and useless without the back seats. I drive an S6 now and love it, and practically I probably ought to keep it, but the TT just knocks me out.
Old 08-15-1999, 11:58 AM
Jeff S.

Default Re: I might have found a 180q Green or Brilliant black at a dealership. Any opinions?

No one has any actual sightings yet of anything other than the black, blue & silver. The Audi TT web sight is not good enough. However, I think that you can go wrong and it will be distinctive.<p>They canned the yellow--could it be because of its questionable appearance on the TT?