TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I must piss off other drivers, just being on the road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oddly, never had a problem here ...

odd as it sounds, people are always really polite to me when driving and give me a lot of room. i don't think i've been cut off once in either the tt or m3. occasionally, i have someone who wants to race me in the m3 but usually they're just horsing around and aren't really serious.

however, i have had stuff thrown at my cars when parked. go figure.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haters are a nasty lot. It's not like we're drivin' 90k Porsches here.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default don't you live in Boston?

Maybe, I'm thinking, there's a decent ratio of sports cars and sports car drivers there. Here, you can't see the pickups for all the SUV's.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:01 PM

Default The times have changed...

I have one of the first TTs in the country and had problems fending away the gawkers. Everywhere I went I was hounded with questions. Slowly, over the years the attitude toward the car has changed. First, it was middle-aged men in minivans driving aggressively and dangerously.

Over the past year I notice more and more issues. For example, I have a couple of scratches on the car that look like attempts to "key" the car. Also someone broke off my antenna from the roof of the car. I seldom drive. I live in the heart of Chicago and prefer the taxi to driving down Michigan Avenue; too many wayward tourists drifting across several lanes to turn the wrong way down a one-way side street. So I barely leave the car unattended on the streets. And when I do it is usually with a valet that I know and trust.

First this car was admired but I am getting the feeling that more and more people are equating the TT with Porsche.

Ciao,

John J. Szobocsan
Old 09-20-2004, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lots of people can't tell; these cars look pretty pricy, especially

after they've been lowered and spaced.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Elder Member

Default sure do. i don't think the tt is considered anything too special here ...

which probably contributes to my good fortune. i can't explain my luck in the m3, but i'm not complaining.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

yup,as in green wth......
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had a small pickup truck block me once

Getting on a onramp and a pickup truck wouldn't let me on. Once I finally got on he wouldn't let me over. I decided to see how fast he was willing to go to prove a point. Once we got up to 100 mph I just said "screw it, you can have the lane". He just flat out refused to be passed by me. I'm not normally a speeder (never had a speeding ticket) but I just had to see what this idiot was willing to do to keep me boxed in.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey, some got it and others wish they could get it!
Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 PM

Default all the time... and it never gets easy to deal with

what i hate is when you are behind someone on the freeway and they are not doing the speed limit, but you cant pass because there are cars on the both sides of you providing a police style rolling road block. What gets me even more is when you get an opportunity to pass the bastard speeds up, or the two cars on the flanks speed up or slow down, its like they have radios and they're doing the **** intentionally..

Quick Reply: I must piss off other drivers, just being on the road!