TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I posted a message earlier that I delete because it was probably too harsh, but this FFB thing is...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 05:45 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I posted a message earlier that I delete because it was probably too harsh, but this FFB thing is...

...pissing me off. John....you wus....field a team. All this bickering and benching teams and getting offended seems so juvenile. Come on people, it's a GAME!! It's suposed to be fun. Who cares if you win or lose. Sheesh!!
Old 11-28-2001, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you drink all of your coffee and are now working on Joel's? :-)
Old 11-28-2001, 05:56 AM
Elder Member

Default Just heading over for my third cup, but this has nothing to do with being hopped up on...

...caffein. This fantasy football league has been pretty disapointing from a friendly competition perspective. There's nothing on the line but pride and aparently that's enough to enable people to behave like brats.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:26 AM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I agree. As Commish, this has been a real challenge...

I've asked Mike Nazarek, perhaps THE fantasy football guru, for his advice on how to handle the current "benched" situation. Here's was his advice:

"Take the third option. Tell him to start a lineup every week or kick him out NOW and get a new owner to finish the season. I tell you, I think you need to not only redo the rules, but also revamp the owners!"

Unfortunately, Yahoo does not allow me to kick out a Coach. It does allow me to lock the Coach from performing some or all functions. Next season, I'll be looking at several other fantasy football formats which would give the Commish the power to more effectively deal with these situations.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:32 AM
Elder Member

Default That would be great Brad because I don't think it's right for an owner or two to be able to...

....crap up the league for everyone else. Benching a team, particularly a good team, has the effect of deflating the entire league.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:35 AM

Default Also, I just posted a deadline to "unbench" all players...

After that, involved Coaches will be locked out for the remainder of the season, and will not be invited to participate in future fantasy leagues.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:38 AM

Default I looked at the schedule and don't feel this benching will make a lot of difference...

Still, you never know and the whole thing is pretty silly, in my opinion.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:44 AM
Elder Member

Default It's the principle of it that bothers me. We all know that anything can happen any week.

That's tru, of course, unless a team is benched. Then it's an automatic zero and the fun is all gone for the person playing that team.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:52 AM

Hopefully, we'll get some cooperation. If not, we'll deal with this in the best way that we can.
Old 11-28-2001, 06:53 AM

Default We ought to have a post morten when season is over

on how it could be improved.

First off, I think 20 is too many teams for the level of talent in the NFL. I'd suggest a max of 12-16. Also, it looks like we didn't get 20 interested people. If people want to keep 20 teams, then the number of positions (e.g. number of RBs, WRs) should be reduced.

BTW, you can have too few teams -- my work league has five teams, and that's not enough for good competition. And, amazingly, I'm doing better here than at work, despite my TT FFL teams total lack of talent.

Finally, I do appreciate what our commish has been trying to do -- in general it's a pretty thankless job.

Tony

Quick Reply: I posted a message earlier that I delete because it was probably too harsh, but this FFB thing is...