TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and condolences . . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and condolences . . .

The last 6 weeks have been a living hell for my family and I. Many of you know the details of why I was gone for so long and Mike posted about my Dad's passing 2 weeks ago for me.

Just to let everyone know briefly what has been going on in my life since August . . .

My Dad was diagnosed with Leukemia on August 16 and my Mom rushed him to North Shore University Hospital on Long Island directly from the oncologist. For the next 3+ weeks we were practially living at the hospital. My Mom was calling the hospital every 2 hours whenever she was not there.

My brother-in-law and I were donating platelets twice each week and it was taking a very big toll on both of us. Thankfully mine were such a good match that they were actually helping him much more than anonymous donors.

Unfortunately the secondary staff that cared for my Dad was about as bad as you could possibly imagine.

<b>If anyone ever has to go into a hospital, under no circumstances allow yourself to be treated in any way, shape or form by a resident!</b>

<b>Stand up for yourself and your family. Don't allow a doctor, resident or nurse to intimidate you!</b>

We didn't and actually prolonged my Dad's life by 2 weeks.

His attending physicians were top notch and did everything humanely possible to save him. . .

The day before my Dad's passing we did find out that the Leukemia was into remission. We were even able to tell him . . . unfortunately the hospital and staff had already caused too much harm and he could not fight them all. . .

I wanted to thank everyone that has stayed in touch over these 6 weeks of hell. Thank you to everyone that sent me private e-mails. Thanks to everyone that called and came over last week and brought and sent in things for my family. Thanks Mike for being their for me and coming on Tuesday . . .

Once again, thanks everyone.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm sorry Larry I did not know, my condolences to you and your family...
Old 09-27-2002, 06:58 PM

Default Was sorry to hear of your loss...

My thoughts were with you and your family during Shivah. Happy to have you back among friends.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Youve got mail..
Old 09-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Elder Member

Thanks Bryan, appreciate that.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:08 PM
Elder Member

Default Thanks Raffi. It was not something I publicized . . .

I was just not up to joking around the lst 2 months and was just reading the forum off/on more as a way of keeping my mind on something else.

I asked Mike to post about my Dad's passing 2 weeks ago because I just couldn't at the time.

Please don't feel bad for not knowing.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, Larry. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:21 PM
Elder Member

Thanks Chuck
Old 09-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Elder Member

I had no idea, I was out of town. I am sorry to hear that and my deepest sympathies.
Old 09-27-2002, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

ygm

Quick Reply: I wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and condolences . . .