TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

If I had to vote for "TT Aftermarket Product of the Year" I'd have to go with that...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2000, 05:49 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If I had to vote for "TT Aftermarket Product of the Year" I'd have to go with that...

Most of you know I'm a purist tho not in the popular sense. I'm "pure" performance, pure power, pure handling and pure FAST. And this product would probably never find it's way into my car. But I do have a profound appreciation of and for "quality", aesthetics, ergonomics, design, function and mass appeal.

And my vote, based purely on those things goes enthusiastically and exclusively to that new armrest. Best damn product design I've seen to date for the TT and as good as I've ever seen for any car... EVER!! Thats a beauty and I LOVE it! Therefore I would like to nominate it for the first (proposed) annual "Audit TT.org" TT aftermarket product of the year award for 2000. And my motives are pure... I dont own the company. Dont even know the company. Wont be a user of it and still give it an unequicocal nod as the most beautiful, well thought-out and excellent product I've seen here all year... PERIOD!
Old 11-30-2000, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But be honest, do you really like it!
Old 11-30-2000, 05:58 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

So much so that I'm considering buying one as "artwork for the cocktail table" Yes!
Old 11-30-2000, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What makes it so cool is it's design compatibility and apparent quality .. If I had to

...come up with some other choices I would say the Bailey DV, however now that Forge has moved in with a solid alternative, the Bailey is not a clear choice. Last year when there were no 225s around I would have voted for the Borla exhaust which I couldn't be happier with, but again there are a lot of new offerings in the category. Of course there is Denny's K-Mart coin holder, what a find. And then there are BBS wheels, which we both have, a tuff sell though and a tuff buy considering there cost. So I second the armrest. JIM
Old 11-30-2000, 06:12 AM

Default Ditto

I totally agree. This has all the attention to detail that was put into the car itself. I really like it.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:15 AM
Elder Member

Make that Michael's coin holder...LOL I'm the Handy Hook locator!!
Old 11-30-2000, 06:18 AM
Elder Member

Default Agree totally. Will never buy one, but think it's a beautiful addition. Can't wait to see what

other items they come up with.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:22 AM

If I didn't need my elbows for driving, I'd get one too! Beautiful.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You mean MichaelTT? ....Sorry Mike.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Sorry can't agree....sports cars don't have/need armrests....so it is null and void and Audis

"Form follows function" plan didn't need an arm rest...

Maybe they should sell this armrest included with the tiptronic/multitronic version of the TT when that comes out....

Or maybe I'm just a young guy at 23 whose arm doesn't get tired of holding the wheel/shifting...

Flame suit on, ready to get toasty!

Quick Reply: If I had to vote for "TT Aftermarket Product of the Year" I'd have to go with that...